We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shanghai Bed and Breakfast

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
932 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Shanghai Bed and Breakfast

Will be in shanghai for just about 3 nights in late April.

Looking for a place thats around 30.00 per night ensuite (private bathroom). Western meals.

Recommendations?

I tried the search on this Shanghai Hotels link and google; didnt work.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shanghai Bed and Breakfast

is that 30 canadian dollars? with breakfast ? in shanghai?

i know of some bus shelters you can sleep in....i have done that but its a long (and pretty good) story.

good luck - one beer in xin tian di will cost you about $12 canadian. and you could not get some large beers at the pauliner without exceeding your entire budget.

i'd like to know how you go but - ceebs...

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shanghai Bed and Breakfast

hahaha!!!i cant think of a better reply than yrs shreks!good one but im also eager to know if there is a bb at this rate.,other than yr cab or bus stand that comes with a public toilet ensuite.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shanghai Bed and Breakfast

You want to look under "specialty lodging" for your place to stay:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g308272-c3-Shanghai-H…

A hostel might accommodate you. Also, for a bit more money, you could stay at the Asset Hotel, a small clean single room, for maybe around US$35 with limited Chinese breakfast.

Please remember that Shanghai is no backwater. It is one of the world's most populous international cities at 19,000,000. Hotel rooms can go higher than US$400 per night easily. The city is in the same class as Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver.

I will be returning to the Asset soon for one of the larger junior suites, also a bargain at around US$70 including a simple straight-forward Chinese breakfast. A western breakfast at Shanghai hotels ranges from US$10 to US$35. Get used to congee with pickles!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
932 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shanghai Bed and Breakfast

I found a place called The Sleeping Dragon that 23.00 per night. Ensuite. I think the breakfast was just a few extra dollars.

Maybe it was a hostel.

Anyways, anyone who can recommend a bed and breakfast at a cheap rate and close to the metro is appreciated.

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shanghai Bed and Breakfast

Why not try The Mingtown Hikers hostel - and then get your breakfast outside?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
932 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shanghai Bed and Breakfast

Thanks guys!

I'm looking at getting The Phoenix Youth Hostel, but everytime I try to book for just one person either it lets me select '1 guest' but still charges me for 2, or only lets me select 2 or more guests.

What do I to resolve this?

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shanghai Bed and Breakfast

If you are booking a room with attached bath in the hostel, you usually have to pay for two people. As a single person, you often can only book a dorm room with shared bathroom online. Often the price of a double room is similar to the price of two people paying so you don't pay more.

malaysia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shanghai Bed and Breakfast

Try booking through hostels.com, which has single room listed.

Other site only include double room.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Shanghai Bed and Breakfast

If you're looking for somewhere that's reasonably well-located for sightseeing, you're definitely not being reasonable at all. For goodness sakes this is Shanghai!

Meals as in? Only breakfast? If so then it would be better to get yourself a McDonald's breakfast if you can't live without a "Western breakfast".

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shanghai Bed and Breakfast

Well said ,ellyse.Shanghai is not the same as 20 yrs ago.If travel back to time for that rate maybe can get a 3 star hotel with a good breakfast thrown in.