We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic

We're going to Shanghai this December and plan to stay at the Ramada Plaza Shanghai, has anyone stayed in this hotel? How is it?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel?

I've known people that stayed there before and they were all pleased with the hotel and its location on Nanjing Road. I don't know if you speak Mandarin or Shanghainese, but it would help to know the Chinese name of the hotel or have the phone number handy when you get a taxi at the airport. There isn't much English spoken at the taxi stand, but if you can get the driver to call the hotel, they can direct him. Here's a link to Frommers where they have some pertinent info. frommers.com/destinations/…H46885.html

Enjoy your trip.

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel?

My husband and I stayed there in April and we were very pleased with the hotel. The location is excellent being right on Nanjing Road. The room was clean with nice furnitures. We found the rates very reasonable considering it was a 4 star hotel. I would say that it is comparable to Western standards in terms of the room itself.

Pullman, WA
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel?

My husband, 11 year old son and I just stayed there Oct 8-11. Overall, we had a nice stay. The location is good. We had a room on the 20th floor facing towards the Pearl tower, so an excellent view. Our room was very large, with a very large bath. Our only complaints were related to some remodeling that was going on during our stay. A few times the water was turned off for brief periods, and when it came back on, it was very brown and rusty. After we let it run for about 30 minutes, it finally turned clear. It also seemed to take forever to get hot water early in the morning, so again, we had to let the water run for a very long time before it got warm. On a couple of the days, the remodeling workers were using some sort of adhesive with a very, very strong organic smell that gave us headaches. Other good things I can say is that the buffet breakfast was excellent (the best we had during our 1.5 weeks in China). The service staff were always very helpful, and we got by just fine using just our English.

Enjoy your stay!