We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Shanghai Pudong Airport to Yixing (Jiangsu)

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
6 posts
Save Topic
From Shanghai Pudong Airport to Yixing (Jiangsu)

How do I get from Pudong Airport to Yixing? How do I catch a bus or is there any other available options?

Thanks

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Shanghai Pudong Airport to Yixing (Jiangsu)

shanghai long distance bus station offers bus from Shanghai -Yixing , Chinese address: 上海市闸北区中兴路1666号

from Pudong airport - that station:

maglev to LongYang Road station then transfer metro line 2 to Century avenue and interchange line 4 to Shanghai Railway station.

or you could just take a cab from Longyang road station.

Kuala Lumpur
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Shanghai Pudong Airport to Yixing (Jiangsu)

Thanks, Cute Min Min.

Do you know the estimate cab fare from Pudong Airport to 上海市闸北区中兴路1666号?

Cheers

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Shanghai Pudong Airport to Yixing (Jiangsu)

around 160RMB without lots of traffic jams

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Shanghai Pudong Airport to Yixing (Jiangsu)

chinese name for that long distance bus station is:上海长途汽车客运总站 very close to shanghai railway station.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: From Shanghai Pudong Airport to Yixing (Jiangsu)

What time do you arrive in Pudong airport? How many of you and how much luggage do you have?

The Shanghai main long-distance bus station is currently in an area where there's a lot of construction taking place as the north train station square (next to it) is getting a facelift. Currently if you take a taxi there, in the daytime they'll have to stop quite a distance from the long-distance bus station (can't even see it from where you're dropped off) and you'll have a 10 to 15-min walk (depending on how lost you are, could be more) on uneven surfaces through crowds. Thus I usually try to avoid this as much as possible, especially if it's your 1st time here.

Unfortunately it's more or less the only long-distance bus station which has departures to Yixing. The only other choice is a bus departing from Shanghai South long-distance bus station at 1300, but this might not fit your schedule. Allow about 1+ hour to get from Pudong airport to Shanghai South long-distance bus station, by airport shuttle no.7 or taxi.

Alternatively, you could try taking one of the direct buses from Pudong airport to Wuxi. Yixing is a "sub-city" of Wuxi, so I would expect pretty frequent buses plying between the two. Departures for Pudong airport -- Wuxi are hourly from 1120 to 1820, fare 100 RMB.

If you have any more queries, email me at ellyse99@yahoo.com and put "TripAdvisor" and your own username (eg batucitrine) in the subject line, thanks.

Omaha
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Shanghai Pudong Airport to Yixing (Jiangsu)

From the number 2 subway line in Shanghai, which exit is closest to the long distance bus station?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: From Shanghai Pudong Airport to Yixing (Jiangsu)

I presume you mean "stop" or "station" instead of "exit"? Which long-distance bus station are you thinking of? There're perhaps 10 or more in Shanghai. No stop on metro line 2 is close to the main long-distance bus station that has buses to Yixing.

8. Re: From Shanghai Pudong Airport to Yixing (Jiangsu)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 03, 2010