We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from and to Pudong Airport

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from and to Pudong Airport

Is it easy to get a taxi from the Airport to City when arriving at 10.50pm

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,763 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from and to Pudong Airport

i think it is easy to catch a taxi anywhere anytime in shanghai - i've just come back and taxis are cheap and easy. when you arrive in Pudong just go outside to the taxi rank.

Shanghai is great fun.

2. Re: Transport from and to Pudong Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:11 pm, August 19, 2005
xxxxxx
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from and to Pudong Airport

Dear Chinatraveller,

Becareful of touts at Pudong Airport. We got caught and paid 600 RMB for a car to our hotel when it should only cost between 120 -150 RMB depending where your hotel is.

We caught a taxi from our hotel to Pudong for the return and the cost was 150RMB- Our hotel was in the business district and a little further out than the shopping area so the cost was a little higher. It is best to have the name of the hotel in Chinese and just hand to the taxi driver.

Have a great trip

xxxxxx
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from and to Pudong Airport

Oh I forgot to mention that taxis are metered and are very safe and drivers honest. Only the touts will cheat you. Beware