We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

huangpu night cruise - recommendations

Level Contributor
229 posts
huangpu night cruise - recommendations

Has anybody an idea of cruising the river at night? is it worth a try?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: huangpu night cruise - recommendations

Hei,of course its worth it.Its unique n u cant get to see this landscape on the river cruise in other parts of the world.Its one of the must see n try in Shanghai.HOwever i suggest that u take the 1 hr cruise is good enuf.U get to see the contrasting landscape of the grandeur of the old Shanghai at the Bund in Puxi n the spectacular financial might of the glittering skyscrapers of modern Shanghai at Pudong.U will love the scenes only think is the cruise is always full of people.I had taken the cruise in Sydney,Melbourne,Singapore,Hongkong ,Bangkok,Saigon but i still like Shanghai Huangpu river cruise the most.

Level Contributor
229 posts
2. Re: huangpu night cruise - recommendations

are there many companies that make this trip or not? Which one do you suggest?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
402 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: huangpu night cruise - recommendations

Sounds like something worth doing. Do you need to make reservations ahead of time?

Thanks

SF
Level Contributor
501 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: huangpu night cruise - recommendations

I don't think so. I heard the boat is not in good shape and bad feedback. Anyway, I did once when I was 7 so cannot remember very clearly.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
5. Re: huangpu night cruise - recommendations

Hi hlbb i did it twice with huests on tow of cos last year n the boats r perfect in condition so dont worry maybe u did it during master wang fei hung s time lor.there r about 5 huge boats each with very nicely decorated designs n amenities basically about the same but there s one with meals on board too.The companies r the same n u need not do any eralier reservations u can get the tickets when u reach there.There s always space as the boats r quite huge in any standard.Dont worrry its worth the trip not like hlbb said as huangpu river n the bund n pudong has changed tremendously since his olden times.Now its beyond recognition n its a landmark in the world!!!

Shanghai, China
6 posts
6. Re: huangpu night cruise - recommendations

very easy to buy the tickets or book in advance. whole cruising will take 40 minutes or so,lovely view in all season and feel the difference

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
7. Re: huangpu night cruise - recommendations

Dont miss it Do it at least once as my guests r always impressed n happy with the cruise.i had done it numerous times n never tired of the view.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,363 posts
1 review
8. Re: huangpu night cruise - recommendations

Yes, it's worth a go. Don't go for the 3-hour cruise though. The last departure seems to be around 1930.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
9. Re: huangpu night cruise - recommendations

for the night river cruise in Shanghai, it's worth to try.Usually it's 1-hour trip on the Huangpu River.

The last one is every night is 2100 ( 9pm), but I think you could try earlier, coz once my clients and I took the 9pm's one, and found the lights of the bund being turned off when the ship just finished half way...

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
10. Re: huangpu night cruise - recommendations

Yes some of the lights r turned off by 10pm while .,latest at 1030pm.esp.the lights at the bund over at Puxi.r turned off earlier.