We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to buy a silk blanket in Shanghai

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
where to buy a silk blanket in Shanghai

I want to know where can I buy a silk blanket in Shanghai and how much should I pay per kilogram?

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to buy a silk blanket in Shanghai

You will find a lot of tour guides and similar who will take you to the simulated factory tours featuring actresses playing with raw silk, allegedly to make the filling for the silk comforters. I gather you want a comforter and not a blanket.

The best price for similar quality is at the international Carrefours chain of big box discount stores. These are the stores the Chinese shop at to buy their silk comforters. Expect to pay around 350-450 yuan, rather than two to three times that at the tour-guide recommended places. There are several Carrefours in Shanghai. Ask your hotel about the nearest one.

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to buy a silk blanket in Shanghai

Thank you for your help, I will go to Carrefour Gubei to search the silk comforter (yes it is a comforter what I'm looking for).

manila
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to buy a silk blanket in Shanghai

You can also try going to HOLA. I recently visited one at the Super Brand Mall in Pudong. They also have quality duvet covers that are comparable to FRETTES and ROYAL SATEENS.

4. Re: where to buy a silk blanket in Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 16, 2009