We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas dinner in Shanghai

brisbane
6 posts
Save Topic
Christmas dinner in Shanghai

Hello , Can you recommend an up-market chinese restaurant with views for christmas dinner for 7 people including children. Thank you . Annette

Shanghai
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas dinner in Shanghai

Hi,Annette,

What is your budget rate?

And personally we recommend South Beauty in Super Grand Mall (views is excellant & also it is in side of the Big Shopping Mall and you can find Christmas tree etc. ) if you think the rate is ok for you.(table with views has minimum order rate : RMB200/Person.

Pls remember to book in advance no matter any restaurant you choose.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,

Susan Zheng

brisbane
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas dinner in Shanghai

Thank you very much Susan for your recommendation. Is the view over the city? Annette

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas dinner in Shanghai

Not a bird's-eye view, that's a view of the Bund. The restaurant is quite recommended though.

Did you mean a bird's-eye view, or just a good view of the Bund or anywhere else?

Shanghai
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas dinner in Shanghai

Hi,Hi,Annette,

The view for South Beauty is mainly for Shanghai Bund & Huangpu river and the old buildings not for the whole city.

If you need the whole city, you can consider the revolving restaurant in oriential TV Tower (you can see the view of Shanghai)& it also need to be booked in advance.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,

Susan Zheng

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas dinner in Shanghai

What do you mean by "up-market??" A fancy, expensive place??

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas dinner in Shanghai

hi, i am also going to shanghai next month and will be spending my christmas eve with my siblings there. We want somewhere fun and not too fancy especially because we're just in our twenties :)

Also, do you know any cheap hotels where we can stay?!? Thanks!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas dinner in Shanghai

closet_queen: It would be advisable to post your query as a new topic as it would attract more responses.

Do you want Chinese food for Christmas Eve dinner, or Western-style? What's your expected price range per head?

For accommodation, what's your expected price range for "cheap"? How many of you are there?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas dinner in Shanghai

thanks for the suggestion. i already made a new topic. and i answered your questions there. Its under "christmas in shanghai for young people". Thanks!

9. Re: Christmas dinner in Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 14, 2009