We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
1 post
Save Topic
Running

Hi

1) Any tips for the best location, and time for a early mornign run? Perhaps to see people doing their early morning exercises?

2) Any tips for a good places for lone travellers to meet others?

Thanks

Robert

Shanghai
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Running

Hi,Roo76,

Normally you can meet morning exercises in some Shanghai public parks.So you can choose your your hotel or apartment which is close to some parks such as : the people's park ( in the people's square) or Huanhai park or Centure park (in Pudong area) or Xujiahui park (in Xujiahui area).

Then you can run in the morning at the public park and meet some Chinese there.

I ever dream to do morning exercises in the park but i like to sleep more much. I just feel it is great if you can insist on practicing for running!!

Yours sincerely,

Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Running

1) Where are you staying?

2) Hostels like Hiker IYH (near the Bund) and Etour IYH (at People's Square behind JW Marriott Hotel).

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Running

1) Where are you staying?

2) Hostels like Hiker IYH (near the Bund) and Etour IYH (at People's Square behind JW Marriott Hotel).

4. Re: Running

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 07, 2009