We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maglev train

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
14 posts
Save Topic
maglev train

Hi

I need to get to get to the Radisson hotel in Century park from Pudong airport. I'd like to travel on the Maglev (have noted previous comments about too much baggage; will only have backpacks!).

Once we get off the Maglex (is that at Longyang Road station?), can you tell me which train/subway i need to get to and back from the hotel?

Advice much appreciated

Shanghai
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: maglev train

Hi, TopsyEngland,

FYI:

1- After you get off the plane at airport, you can go to maglev window ( remember to show your copy of airticket to get discount with RMB40 for maglev train ticket, original cost RMB50)

2- you get off the maglev at Longyang Road station

3- After you get out of the Longyang station , pls go out and at road to take a taxi, pls print out below Chinese and show to driver then any driver can take you directly to your hotel:

Hotel: Radisson hotel in Century park (上海证大丽笙酒店)

Address: 1199 Yingchun Lu , pudong new district, Shanghai

(浦东迎春路1199号, 靠近芳甸路)

Btw, because your hotel has no direct subway stop, so I didn't recommend subway.

Yours sincerely,

Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)

England
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: maglev train

Excellent! Thank you so much for your advice

USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: maglev train

I am travelling 2 persons and thinking of staying at this Radisson hotel Century Park. Is it more economical to take a taxi from Pudong airport, or use the Maglev train and then take a taxi from the Longyang Road station? Thanks in advance for your input!!!

Shanghai,China
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: maglev train

hi, dawawaCA,

As far as I konw ,it is more economical to use the Maglev train and then take a taxi from the Longyang Road station than to take a taxi from Pudong airport.

yours sincerely,

Good luck!

USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: maglev train

Thanks for replying so promptly...

Would you roughly let me know how much would it cost to take the taxi from Longyang Road station to the Radisson Hotel Century Park?

Shanghai,China
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: maglev train

hi, dawawaCA

You are welcome!

It may cost about 25.00RMB if you take a taxi from Longyang Road station to the Radisson Hotel Century Park.

Good luck!

yours sincerely

USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: maglev train

Thanks for the info!!!

I forgot to ask... I need to get back to Pudong airport on Monday morming around 6am. I understand that the Maglev train doesn't operate until 7am.

Therefore, what is my best option for getting back to the airport around 6am - taxi and how much would it cost me, or taxi to airport bus and which one?

Thanks again for helping out!!!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: maglev train

Taxi. The shuttle buses won't be running so early.

USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: maglev train

Thanks, Ellyse, for responding!!!

How much should I be looking at to pay for the taxi going from this hotel to Pudong airport this early in the morning (around 5am)?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: maglev train

FYI:

40mins 120RMB

info from concierge