We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary for Shanghai

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
itinerary for Shanghai

I have put together the following itinerary for my trip to Shanghai in July and would be grateful for any suggestions as to how it can be improved :

Friday 13 July

Yuyuan Gardens,

brunch at Nanxiang xiaolongbao restaurant in YuyuanBazaar,

Yuyuan Bazaar

walking in Old City area,

Chinese acrobat performance at Shanghai Circus World,

dinner at Xintiandi

Saturday 14 July:

daytrip to Xitang,

dinner with view of lit-up Bund in Pudong's Super Brand Mall,

drinks in Cloud 9 of Grand Hyatt

Sunday 15 July:

Longhua Pagoda,

shopping at Longhua Lu (metro stop in Pudong),

walking in French Concession,

Jade Buddha Temple,

Wujiang Lu street market,

Nanjing Lu pedestrian street,

the Bund,

Whampoa River cruise

Monday 16 July – fly to Hong Kong

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary for Shanghai

Looks like fun. Some locals may have suggestions as to which activities are better for weekday (friday) compared to weekend?

I'd try to work in the museum at the Peoples Square. I'm not much of a museum type, but really enjoyed it.

I didn't make any day trips, but I'd think you may want to see Westlake in Hangzhou on your trip to Xitang? (Not sure if both are too much for a day trip?)

On your Nanjing Lu walk, I thing it's worth a ride up the Peace Hotel's (north tower) elevator to the 11th floor roof to get a nice look at across the Huangpu to Pudong if you're there at night.

When crossing the river from Bund to Pudong, the Sightseeing Tunnel option is very strange but memorable.

Also think about taking the Maglev on your way in or out if it's along your route. I missed it and regret it.

2. Re: itinerary for Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 01, 2009