We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailors

U.S.
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tailors

I thought of another question. I've heard that you can have clothes made by amazing tailors who can just look at a picture in a magazine and make it up for you in just a few days. Does anyone have any insights/ reccomendations of favourite tailors? And what about buying cloth? (I'm guessing you can go to one destination where you can purchase both things).

Thanks!

Miranda

shanghai
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailors

Yes, there are several places offering this service. The South Bund Fabric Market, at Lujiabang Lu is a multi storey indoor market with 100's of traders selling just fabrics or make up service as well.

They all have sample designs, or you can take your own pictures too.

Try there first, if it's not to your taste then there are plenty of other more formal tailoring shops to choose from.

2. Re: Tailors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:25 am, September 01, 2009