We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updated 2018 tailored suit

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Updated 2018 tailored suit

Hi there,

Realise this has been asked before but most of the answers are a decade old now!

We are looking for a 3-piece tailored suit in Shanghai for maximum 3000.

Can anyone recommend a tailor?

Hoping for a shop rather than the market for that price.

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Updated 2018 tailored suit

Is there any reason you would favour a shop rather than the market?

If you go to the South Bund Fabric market, you will be able to get a 3 piece suit for under 1,200 RMB. Will need to give yourself a few days for the whole process. I normally get the initial suit made in 3 or 4 days, but then allow an extra day or two if you need any alterations.. I have had a number of suits made in the last 3 years and all are still in perfect condition

Formal shirts are priced at 120 RMB at most of the shops in the market

Not sure if there is any variance in price from shop to shop. i just took a gamble on one the first time, was impressed byt eh results so keep going back to them.

Mentioned in this post
The Bund Hotel
The Bund Hotel
582 Reviews
Shanghai, China
Shanghai Region...
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Updated 2018 tailored suit

I hope you understand those tailors shops are actually middle men and many little details are lost in translation while they outsource the job to others. It's mostly a gamble and you should allow enough time to negotiate price and make adjustments.

Reply to: Updated 2018 tailored suit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted