We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

haven't been in years

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,623 posts
530 reviews
haven't been in years

we have not been to the yasawas in years and have no idea where to start for a great place to stay. they have all changed since we have been there . of course, we love to snorkle, maybe a village stay, boat trip..any suggestions?? and we are not into big resorts..please help and i can then make some suggestions. Thank you for your time..

Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,254 posts
150 reviews
1. Re: haven't been in years

You are in for a surprise the number of resorts in the Yasawas has grown so much in the last 10 years or so.

For a Fijian experience visit Botaira they have a great ridge walk and SoSo village is within walking distance too. Barefoot Manta is another with a variety of accommodation I like the look of the African Safari style tents with en suites. A bit more up market but still with a a Fijian feel is Octopus. Then on Blue Lagoon beach and lagoon is Nanuya Island Resort it has been recently expanded and renovated by the new owners and the price hiked a bit as a result. Many other backpacker style and the high end as well but these are pretty much mid range. Hope this helps.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,623 posts
530 reviews
2. Re: haven't been in years

Thank you very much. WE stayed on Barefoot Island 10 years ago,with the sailing safari..loved it.. will look into those resorts. Couldn't find out about the food packages, that i guess that you have to buy.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: haven't been in years

Or for something different you could try a Captain Cook cruise aboard the Reef Endevour. They do 3/4/7 night cruises.

You'll sail through the Yasawas taking in the most beautiful spots in the Yasawas. You will visit caves, schools, villages etc.

We have done 2 cruises with our 3 kids and they are the trips to Fiji the kids still talk about the most.

Alternately Blue Lagoon does basically the same cruise on a smaller ship.

Maree :)

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,623 posts
530 reviews
4. Re: haven't been in years

i will look into that, as we did the "sailing safari" years ago and was fun!!!

still can't figure out a couple of reasonable places to stay, so we can move around..and the food must be good!!

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
756 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: haven't been in years

The food at Octopus is amazing! We were there early September (my sister was with us & is a VERY fussy Chef) & thought the food was incredible, so that says a lot.

Octopus has no more than 100 guests at a time (thats capacity) & I love the way the resort is spread out, you never know how many people are aRound until meal times. Great snorkelling from the beach (high tide), diving, fishing, mata ray snorkel (seasonal), school visit (boarding school that houses all the children from the 4 villages on Waya island - about 20 mins by boat), mountain hike, village visit, and most of the staff that work there live in the nearby village & are super friendly, incredible sunsets, and I could go on and on....

We stay a week at a time and are never bored.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,623 posts
530 reviews
6. Re: haven't been in years

thank you...wondering if i should add a couple of days at the Blue Lagoon?? any suggestions? thank you

7. Re: haven't been in years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, March 08, 2017