We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do any of the Yasawa resorts have air conditioning? (the...

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Do any of the Yasawa resorts have air conditioning? (the...

I love the sound of a few of the resorts in the Yasawas but was worried if whether i would need air conditioning or not?

Do the fans really cool the bures down? Is November too hot to visit Fiji? I want to visit in the cooler season.

Thanks very much

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do any of the Yasawa resorts have air conditioning? (the...

The new lodge units at Octopus have aircon. Personally I find the fans OK but then I haven't been in November when it will be hotter.

Sydney, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do any of the Yasawa resorts have air conditioning? (the...

Hi Strawberrypatch,

We stayed at Oarsman's Bay Lodge in the Yasawas and it was beautiful! There were no fans though and was very hot over Christmas when we went. The food wasn't fantastic either but the location was perfect so we put up with this and the heat! The beach and the snorkelling are great and it's reasonably priced (book a bure if you go).

Here's a website with details on the resorts in the Yasawas.

www.fijibudget.com

There is a "bula pass" you can get where you can visit a few places.

Hope this helps!

3. Re: Do any of the Yasawa resorts have air conditioning? (the...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Yasawa Island