We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best budget resort for 2 toddlers???

Mexico City, Mexico
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best budget resort for 2 toddlers???

We will have 4 days in Fiji and am arriving with 2 toddlers. I have looked at Barefoot lodge and Otto &Fanny's. Both look fantastic. My concern is from what I can see, it takes a half day to arrive at Otto and Fanny's on the Flyer and as we are arriving after a 23hr flight with 2 active toddlers, that just may push me over the edge. Any suggestions on a budget lodge that is easier to get too? And Im not looking for a kids club but some where that I may be able pay a local teenager to play with my boys for an hour or so on the beach while I catch up on some sleep.

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best budget resort for 2 toddlers???

Have a look at First Landing Resort on the mainland. Only about 1/2 an hour from the Airport.

Kat

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best budget resort for 2 toddlers???

We stayed at the Hideway Resort on the coral coast with our two kids (4yr, 2yr olds). It's about 90mins from the airport. It was lovely for children, small and friendly. Babysitters were $5fjd an hour. Enjoy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best budget resort for 2 toddlers???

Hi if you want to head to the Yasawa Islands and something a bit closer and easier look at Octopus Resort. THey have their own tranfer boat and can pick you up from the airport and take you straigh out there. Saves overnighting and getting the long trip up on the flyer. and they have plenty of babysitters. Mana is a good family resort only an hour boat trip away too.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best budget resort for 2 toddlers???

A fantastic family resort in the Mamanuca group of islands is Plantation Island resort. It is very geared towards families and kids clubs. It is on an island (not the mainland - which you should avoid if you want a tropical island experience). All travel companies have deals for this island.

5. Re: Best budget resort for 2 toddlers???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Yasawa Island