We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long it takes from nadi to Octopus resort?

Tacoma, Washington
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
how long it takes from nadi to Octopus resort?

We are looking to stay at Octopus resort, it seems to be smaller and more personal. Thinking of staying there for our last 4 days of our trip and wondering how long it takes taking a water taxi and getting to airport? Also if anyone has stayed there, about getting around to explore the other islands, we are really excited to see the Sawa i Lau caves and I believe they are in the area, just don't know how about getting there? Any advice would be great, thanks

Elena

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how long it takes from nadi to Octopus resort?

There are several ways to get to Octopus. The following link has information on transportation, times, and prices.

octopusresort.com/local-info/getting-to-us

Edited: 5:45 pm, September 28, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how long it takes from nadi to Octopus resort?

Hi Elena,

I am not sure where you heard that Octopus is smaller and more personal, it certainly caters for a lot of holiday makers; are you not thinking of their sister resort Blue Lagoon Beach Resort? Octopus is about 2 hours by Yasawa Flyer, BLBR is about 4.5 hours both from Port Denarau.

The caves are no where near Octopus, BLBR; closer resorts are Oarsman, Nanuya to name a few, and are about 30 minutes by Joes Water Taxi.

If you are wanting to do 4 days, smaller and personal, my best suggestion would be either BLBR or Nanuya.

Happy to answer any more questions.

Greville

Edited: 12:44 am, September 30, 2010
Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how long it takes from nadi to Octopus resort?

If you are staying at Octopus they pick you up from Port Vida and take you on their boat, no charge. The port is about 20-30 minutes from Nadi and the boat trip is an hour-ish. Otherwise you get the Yasawa flyer which you have to pay for and which takes longer.

4. Re: how long it takes from nadi to Octopus resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 30, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Yasawa Island