We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Nanuya a Backpackers???

Newcastle
3 posts
Save Topic
Is Nanuya a Backpackers???

Hi all, I'm am searching for a honeymoon destination and came across NIR and instantly feel in love with it but when i asked the travel agent to give me a quote she advised me it is a backpackers and warned me off it. I didn't believe this was true but just need some clarification.

HELP!!

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Nanuya a Backpackers???

NO! Not at all a backpackers! There is a backpackers around the other side of the island and occasionally they stroll over for lunch, but don't worry... Nanuya is a dream, you will love it!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Nanuya a Backpackers???

Nanuya Island Resort is definitely NOT a back-packers resort. Far from it be the truth. It is more so a 4+ resort in disguise. There is a BP residence on the other side of the island and they 'trek' across to use NIR facilities, beer, food, internet etc. They are not a problem and mostly are gone by late afternoon as they have to trek back. Tell your agent that she couldn't be any more wronger. Greville.

Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Nanuya a Backpackers???

Bula Vinaka

The other posts are right - Nanuya is a wonderful little resort and if you want diving and/or snorkeling the owner, Lance, also operates WestEnd Diving.

Have a great honeymoon and enjoy your stay at Nanuya.

Moce

BulaBob

Sydney
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Nanuya a Backpackers???

We just got back from nanuya island resort. it is nothing like a backpackers, more like a 4* resort. full of quiet honeymooners and couples. Not a party place, beatiful and peaceful ,clean and very relaxing. We spoke to alot of people there who'd stayed at other resorts like octopus and botaira. they'd had great holidays in those places but said nanuya was in a different league

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Nanuya a Backpackers???

Would you recommend NIR for families? Or did I read somehwere that they dont accept children at this resort?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Nanuya a Backpackers???

Hi Cricket, NIR is more so an adult resort. Though they do accept children (7 years up?). I was there last year and there was only one young lad, about 10 years old. He made his own fun, but there is no pool, no playground eq., more importantly, there were no other kids either. Think carefully on this one cricket. Greville.

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Nanuya a Backpackers???

thanks for the reply. I figured as much, but I just wanted to make sure. :)

8. Re: Is Nanuya a Backpackers???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, October 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Yasawa Island