We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nanuya Island Resort- too many uninvited guests ?

Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Nanuya Island Resort- too many uninvited guests ?

Hi,

i'm considering a visit for about 8 nights at Nanuya, but feel somewhat put off by the comments that there seems to be a fair few backpackers, and other visitors, to the resort.

Can anyone who has visited please tell me if they found that to be the case ?

The island itself sounds beautiful enough, but not sure if i want to share the resort with too many visitors "dropping in" to share the beach..

P.S. I plan to go in late July

thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nanuya Island Resort- too many uninvited guests ?

HI Foxy,

I did NIR last July for 5 nights and it was fantastic. Considering there were only 8 cabins (16 guests) there is plenty room for a few more. If it gets too crowded and the facilities are being choked by the free-loaders, then Lance will politely move them on. The BPs come across from the otherside of the island, a big trek, to use the internet, meals and of course beach. It is rock on their side of the island. Also at NIR we get the yachties come in for a meal. All these people (it is not so many) love to use NIR facilities, and also have a feed. I never seen more than 10 extras at NIR at any one time, it was never crowded. There are 12 bures at NIR now, so 24 guests, but plenty of room. Beach, lots of beach and lots of water too. Come and check it out, I am going back in August for 6 nights.

Greville

Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nanuya Island Resort- too many uninvited guests ?

Thanks Greville,

you've put my mind to rest...will make a booking for late July/early Aug..and if any backpackers give me strife I'll just push them into the water ;)

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nanuya Island Resort- too many uninvited guests ?

I was at NIR for 3 nights in September, and I completely second everthing Greville had to say! Have a wonderful time - it's a magical place!

Echuca
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nanuya Island Resort- too many uninvited guests ?

Yes I agree with the others,its a great spot.

Weve been there 3 times.

Overnight at Beachside Resort Nadi.

Enjoy yourself.

Cheers.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nanuya Island Resort- too many uninvited guests ?

Hi foxx29,

There were not many folks using NIR when we were there in June, 05. As mentioned a few backpackers, and a few folks from the Blue Lagoon cruise ship that was at one end of the beach, quite a distance away. Here are some photos: …smugmug.com/gallery/2559168_85CMA#134644291

bula, alashas

6. Re: Nanuya Island Resort- too many uninvited guests ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Yasawa Island