We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need info. on 15kg baggage limitation

California
14 posts
Save Topic
Need info. on 15kg baggage limitation

We are flying from Nadi to Yasawa Island Resort in May and there is a baggage limitiation of 15kg (22 lbs.) Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this limitation - it means leaving most everything at home! Thanks for any helpful comments. Joan

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need info. on 15kg baggage limitation

Hi - that is per person so that is 30 kg for two of you. It is very rare that my partner and I have ever travelled with more than that. You are talking about one normalish, big suitcase and one small one basically. Also remember that Fiji does not require much in the way of clothes! Seriously, everyone else there will be in the same situation. Summer clothes are light and so are the shoes etc you will need. Weigh out what you think you'll need on scales (include your suitcase) and you might be surprised at how much you can take.

Broomfield, Colorado
Level Contributor
152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need info. on 15kg baggage limitation

I have been told that the overweight charge is something like 60 cents per pound on the interisland flights - not a big deal......I am taking all I want when we go in May - nothing a few dollars won't take care of!!!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
945 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need info. on 15kg baggage limitation

Pierce,

Scottygirl is totally correct. You do not need to bring very much with you to Fiji. I take a couple swimming suits, a couple shorts, a few shirts, a couple of very light sun dresses for night time, and that is about it. I usually pack too much. Do not take alot of clothes you will not need them.

Katt

Broomfield, Colorado
Level Contributor
152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need info. on 15kg baggage limitation

We are also taking a suitcase full of books and items for the children there....

auckland
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Need info. on 15kg baggage limitation

Don't leave your bags in the airport office as we were offered.When we got home, our bags had been sorted through and about 6 items taken.I have tried to contact the resort about this and had no reply. You need very little in the way of clothes - even dinner is very casual.

Get answers to your questions about Yasawa Islands