We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Captain Cook cruise - Honeymoon

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Captain Cook cruise - Honeymoon

Hello,

We're considering a Captain Cook cruise in the Yasawas for our honeymoon.

Can anyone who has been on the cruise comment on whether it is suitable for a honeymoon?

I've been on a P&O cruise once years ago that did Port Vila, Noumea & Lifou and didn't really enjoy it, but I get the feeling that this would be different...

What I didn't like about the P&O cruise was being at sea for such a long time and such a big focus on onboard activities - I'd rather get off and see something.

This sounds more appealing because of seeing the different islands and great snorkelling!

Any thoughts?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: Captain Cook cruise - Honeymoon

Hi Jadeikins,

If you want a lot of privacy & alone time with your new spouse, then this cruise isn't for you. The staterooms are small & quite "rustic" to put it kindly. The ship has suites but I have not seen inside one, so you may want to consider that. All dining is always at large tables with other people.

Having said that, if alone time isn't important, its a fantastic cruise with lots of stops at various islands, great snorkelling & diving & plenty of insight into the culture, with Village visits etc.

Enjoy your planning

Anni

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Captain Cook cruise - Honeymoon

Thanks so much for your feedback Anni! We actually realized that we couldn't get on Captain Cook with the dates we have to work with, but we're going to try and get on Blue Lagoon for the 4-night cruise. We going to spend 4 nights at Tropica Island Resort first to ensure we get enough alone time. ;-)

3. Re: Captain Cook cruise - Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 04, 2017