We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nanuya Island Resort vs Blue Lagoon vs Navutu Stars

Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Nanuya Island Resort vs Blue Lagoon vs Navutu Stars

We're narrowing down our Yasawas trip, and will spend three nights at Barefoot Manta (thanks to good recommendations from members here) and three nights further north.

I'm having a hard time choosing between Nanuya Island Resort, Blue Lagoon Resort and Navutu Stars. We're a a couple in our 40s, no kids, moderately active and like diving, but also happy to lounge in a hammock and read. Can anyone explain the key differences between these three, or are they all very similar lovely Fiji spots?

3 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
764 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Nanuya Island Resort vs Blue Lagoon vs Navutu Stars

Navutu Stars is the only adults only resort of the three. Nanuya allows 16+ and I THINK Blue Lagoon allows all ages (happy to be corrected).

That would also probably be my order of preference, because I prefer adults only, but I stayed at Nanuya with my sister and would happily return tomorrow. A 2016 Review is available via my profile.

I also suspect most on this board will say Blue Lagoon, as many have stayed there before.

Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,487 posts
156 reviews
2. Re: Nanuya Island Resort vs Blue Lagoon vs Navutu Stars

I would go back to Navutu Stars. Have been to Nanuya mant times prior to it being re developed but it no longer apeals. Blue Lagoon was ok but we wouldn't go back prefer a quieter holiday with less kids and backpackers. Coconut Beach in the same area is small and friendly, we have booked to go back for a longer stay next year.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
290 reviews
3. Re: Nanuya Island Resort vs Blue Lagoon vs Navutu Stars

I have been to Blue lagoon and found that very nice. With it being larger it does have more guests but still found a pace to be by ourselves. nanuya Island resort by all accounts since the upgrade is not as nice as it once was.

Next time we visit Fiji I will try Navutu Stars as it does appeal to us with it's rustic charm and 3 bays to walk around. I know that this is very tidal and can only swim through the boat channel at low tide but they do have snorkelling trips out daily. So if it were my pick and never been to either before I would chose Blue lagoon as a first choice and Navutu Stars as choice number two.

Just a thing when we travel we normally go to the furthest island North 1st and then come back closer to Denarau as the second stop. ie Blue lagoon First followed by Barefoot Manta second.

Reply to: Nanuya Island Resort vs Blue Lagoon vs Navutu Stars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted