We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling between Yasawa Islands

Berlin, Germany
2 posts
Travelling between Yasawa Islands

Hey,

I'm travelling to Fiji in August and I originally intended to stay in Nadi for a few days and then travel to one of the Yasawa Islands and stay there for most of the trip. However, I'll be in Fiji for almost 4 weeks, and I've read that one island can be a little boring after a while.

Is there any possibility to drive over to the next Yasawa island without going back to Viti Levu first? And if so, how expensive is it?

Thanks in Advance!

4 replies to this topic
Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Travelling between Yasawa Islands

Hi jeany146 & welcome to the Fiji Forum. Unfortunately Islands in the Mamanuca and Yasawa areas are all surrounded by water - cannot drive from one to the other! There are very few vehicles on islands - mainly for maintenance purposes, buggies, maybe the odd tractor here and there. Four weeks would be a long time in any one place, but easy to split up your time - look up Awesome Adventures Fiji website - they have several packages hopping on and off up the Yasawas areas. Usually first stop is via the Yasawa Flyer which leaves Port Denarau. Likes of Bula Combo Pass and Bula Pass. The website has a live chat option, so you can talk with them. A 'pass' package would work out cheaper than arranging seperate boat transfers to each Island.

Berlin, Germany
2 posts
2. Re: Travelling between Yasawa Islands

Haha sorry, what I meant was getting to another island by boat (I'm not a native speaker). Sadly I can't afford the Bula Pass for 30 days, so I was hoping there might be a cheaper option to get from island to island. Thank you though!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
282 reviews
3. Re: Travelling between Yasawa Islands

Hi jeany146,

Unfortunately transfers in the yasawas (ie Island hopping ) is expensive as the company Awesome Adventures Fiji does not count the trip out and transfers then back to the mainland as one trip.

Just for example I have just returned from fiji and did 4 days on Coconut Beach resort and 4 days on Paradise Cove Resort so the transfers were Denarau to CBR, CBR- Plantation Cove, Plantation Cove - Denarau for two people cost AUS $600:00

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
146 reviews
4. Re: Travelling between Yasawa Islands

I have heard of resorts doing transfer to other nearby resorts some large stretches of water between some islands so probably not a good thing to do in a small resort boat.

Reply to: Travelling between Yasawa Islands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted