We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks prices

Auckland, New...
2 posts
Drinks prices

Hi everyone, we are going to octopus resort for the first time in April. Just wondering if someone could give me an indication of drinks prices .. both alcoholic and non alcoholic. Thankyou.

11 replies to this topic
Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Drinks prices

Anyone???

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Drinks prices

Yeah - me too.....how much?

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Drinks prices

So, know one on here has been to Octopus and bought a drink? Really? Come on guys, a little help here please!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Drinks prices

Would e-mail the resort. They will have the current prices. There is also a live chat on the resort's website for asking questions.

Drinks at resorts can be pricey and add up quickly. For having drinks in your room/bure would purchase alcohol at the duty free shop at the airport in Nadi. We can't buy our brand of choice in Fiji, so take the amount allowed by customs in our checked luggage. Know resorts will not allow you take your own drinks into the bar, dining room, pool or other common areas.

SBrownie44, coming from Canada, you will need an adapter angled for Australia for charging camera, phone, laptop batteries. We also take a power converter, and small power strip for charging more than one battery at the same time.For other suggestions of what to take with you, and helpful/informative information see the following.

https:/…Faq.What.Do.We.Need.To.Bring.html

Edited: 7:14 pm, March 02, 2018
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Drinks prices

Sorry that link doesn't work. This one does. Hopefully, it will be of help to you also nakigirl, and Russ and Andrea

https:/…Faq.What.Do.We.Need.To.Bring.html

Edited: 7:45 pm, March 02, 2018
Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Drinks prices

Thanks for the advise. Converter and adapter are packed. I didn't think about the live chat! I will get on that. Yes, I will drink my own booze at my room for sure and that's not a problem. Thanks again!

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
38 reviews
7. Re: Drinks prices

To SBrownie 44 - easy - They have a chat line - I will have the drinks prices in a few minutes (Fiji time).

Send me your email address in a Private Message - Oh 'now' Manager says he will do it on Monday.....! I wouldn't expect them to be much different than most of the mid-range resorts.

Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Drinks prices

Drink prices vary a lot between resorts. Typically a local beer will be around $8 ($6 happy hour). Cocktails range from $15 upward, depending on the cocktail. Soft drinks and fruit juice usually (but not always) cheaper.

A carton of local beer around $75 at supermarkets in bigger towns.

But as I said they vary a lot between resorts -good rule of thumb is, the fancier the resort, the fancier the prices (not just drinks either). Overall better than you would find in resorts upmarket hotels in Australia and New Zealand.

Some island resorts have strict policies on bringing your own drinks. For example you will not be allowed to take beer to Malolo Lailai island (Musket Cove, Lomani Resort and Plantation Resort) but Plantation will happily deliver a full ice bucket to you room so you can drink your duty free in the room or on the little patio at the entrance.

The prices indicated above are Fiji Dollars. NZ equivalent is about 70% of Fiji price.

Sydney
Level Contributor
67 posts
65 reviews
9. Re: Drinks prices

We stayed at Octopus Resort in July 2017. If my memory serves me correctly, cocktails were around $30, a fiji Beer around $9 and a bottle of white wine around $60. Fijian Dollars.

As per other posts, you can BYO to your room and enjoy.

It's a wonderful location we are returning for a week in June this year.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
53 reviews
10. Re: Drinks prices

Thank you Lucia, that gives me some idea of 'what we're up for'.

Reply to: Drinks prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted