We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments

nanaimo
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments

Does anyone know anything about Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments? We are two 18 year olds (guy and girl) very active like to have a good time.... Also do you have any pictures of it? Like the rooms and what not. Thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments

Just wondering if you still wanted help with this topic?

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments

Well we were booked in but now that there is the military coup we are no longer going to fiji unfortunatly. but is there any information that you can tell me about this hotel for next time? thank you

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments

Thats a bummer!!! As sad as it the Military Coup has no direct physical effect on tourism and I guess its just really sad to see many people lose their jobs in relation to this coup! The military are trying their best to be the friendliest bunch, it evens seems like they are friendlier then the people that ARE working in the industry.

Anyway.... Tsulu is a great place to chill out or get active & do heaps its within reach of fantastic diving, I do heaps of diving and it has got to be rated! The cultural centre next door is fantastic takes u back to the times before the Europeans came along and you don't get to this in Fiji anymore! and there is heaps more to do like white water rafting....etc

Facilities wise......its backpackery but nice, very clean. you get fresh towels changed every day, aircondition, hotshowers and a great swimup bar, pool and waterslide! Its fun!! Especially in the weekends, they have a DJ and the locals come out to party!!

Its a good laugh!

Sydney
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments

We were just at Pacific Harbour a week ago, although we stayed at Club Coral Coast.

You SOO should not have cancelled!! It's safe as houses, and I even went on a day trip to Suva on my own, no worries! Tsulu looked great and it seems a big operation, lots of cafes and tour operators nearby (although they are going bust cos people keep cancelling thier trips for no good reason :)

Cleveland
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments

I stayed at the Pearl Resort right down the road so I was being spoiled alittle bit but I am planning to come back in just a few years and TSulu will be my choice of accomodation considering my father wont be paying this time just me (we were on a family vaca). The arts village is an AMAZING place, and any one who think otherwise about coming to fiji bc of the koup, senganalenga(fijian for "dont worry about it) it is totally peaceful we walked the streets of Suva without a care in the world. Fiji is by far the most wonderful place i have ever been!

And there is a TON of active stuff to do. Suggestion, go over to the Pearl and go to the River's Fiji office and talk to Erik and Tom (they are the managers) they will set you up with some awesome whitewater kayaking and rafting! There is just so much to do in fiji I cant even list it all! I guess there is also alot of jetski rentals and tours to go on. If you are a snorkeler or diver this area has absolutley gorgeous reefs!

Auckland
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments

Hey if you're going to Pacific Harbour and looking for great affordable accomodation go and stay at the Uprising on the beach. Its the only place that actually has beach accomodation. It has the best beach bar and restaurant, and it just very ummm the best. Tsulu is good but for the same price you get probably the nicest resort availabe right on the beach. The pearl is also really nice but you dont really want to mortgage the house to to go on holidays. Tsulu is good but its not on the beach. Uprising is loaded with watersports too. I met the general manager of uprising, and he's like 24 years old. The staff are young and fun and so very helpful.

Honestly if you're thinkin of where to stay theres no comparison, Uprising just is the perfect little beach rosort for a great affordable time for all even the backpacker.

Los Angeles
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments

Bula! I'm staying at Uprising on Viti Levu for four nights this July and am wondering if I should rent a car...or if car rentals are even available? Can anyone help with this?

Thank you!

JulyMooners

North Queensland
Level Contributor
108 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments

Re car rental in Fiji. You should be able to get a driver and car for the trips you want to do. It depends if you are going to relax or race around like mad things (you'll be the only ones racing) as everything happens on Fiji time (whenever). My experience with car rentals in Fiji is that you can ask for what you want and they give you what they have and the two may not be the same. You end up paying for a rental car for days when it is just sitting at your accomodation. There is a car rental place at Tsulu so leave it and decide when you get there if you really need it.

Los Angeles
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments

Bula, Cootch!

Thanks for the reply. Would you recommend paying the F $70, per person I think, for transfer from the airport to our hotel on the Pacific Coast? Or should we just hire a car and driver when we arrive at the airport...at 6 a.m.... are there cars available to hire that early?

We are on a pretty thin budget so we're looking for any way we can to avoid extra expenses.

thank you so much!

JulyMooners

North Queensland
Level Contributor
108 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tsulu Beach Bunkhouse and Apartments

Hi

The bus will be cheaper than a car and you might not luck on a driver at that hour. You can book through CORAL COAST BUSES and Tsulu will do it for you or you can do it yourself. www.tsulu.com.

If you want to go to Suva from Pacific Harbour, you can jump on the locals buses and it costs very little.

Have fun - you'll love it.