We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Pearl South Pacific.Surfing prices?buffet breakfast?

Which Pacific Harbour hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
The Pearl South Pacific.Surfing prices?buffet breakfast?

Hi all,

We have booked the Pearl in Pacific harbour in July. Just wondering if anyone can tell us about how much the surfing will cost? My partner wants to surf at Frigates and I'm happy to go on the boat. We have been told we can book from the marina but not sure where that is from the pearl or how much?

Also can you snorkel from the beach at the Pearl?

And we have a buffet breakfast included but have been told by flight centre it is more of a continental breakie ie no eggs or bacon? Wondering if anyone can shed a light on this?

Any tips before we go would be great!hoping to do the whitewater rafting,zip lining and snorkeling trip too :)

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Pearl South Pacific.Surfing prices?buffet breakfast?

The following link has prices for surfing, rafting, zip lining, and other information. Try contacting the resort regarding the continental breakfast.

www.thepearlsouthpacific.com/sports.asp

As for other tips. Have your driver stop at one the markets for snacks, sodas, etc. The following has other suggestions of what to take with you.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Pearl South Pacific.Surfing prices?buffet breakfast?

Hi, we just returned from the Pearl and really enjoyed it.

I don't recall people snorkeling at the beach but when we played at the beach briefly with the kids and it's blackish sand with murky water so I doubt snorkeling will be any good. Beqa island is supposedly good for diving but you will need to arrange a boat or tour out there. We also took kayaks up the river that runs beside the resort - that was a pleasant afternoon activity.

The breakfast is hot buffet, even though our booking said continental. The selection is basic but good quality - bacon, scrambled eggs, mini sausages, fried rice, baked beans, plus the usual bread, danishes and lots of fresh fruit.

3. Re: The Pearl South Pacific.Surfing prices?buffet breakfast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 25, 2013