We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for great beach and snorkeling

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay for great beach and snorkeling

We'd love some help choosing a hotel for July holiday - we are after great snorkeling, good beach, good food and luxurious bures. We have looked at Davui, Vatulele, Namale, others but can't get the real scoop from the websites. Any advice?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
945 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for great beach and snorkeling

debfrost,

I have been to all three of these resorts.

Royal Davui - RD has very luxurious bures. They are air conditioned, have hardwood floors, a large sitting room with a stocked mini bar. Off of the sitting room is a deck with table and chairs (great for a romantic dinner!). The bedroom has a king sized bed and another deck with loungers. Inbetween the two decks is a plunge pool. The bathrooms are very nice they have a huge walk in shower and a 2 person spa tub. Above the spa tub is a retractable ceiling so you can sit in the tub and sun bath or watch the stars. The food is wonderful, very gourmet and nicely presented. The bar glows at night (very cool). They have a large pool to lounge by and many activities. The beach is ok. It is kind of small. The snorkeling is terrific.

Vatulele - The deluxe bures at Vatulele are huge. They do not have air conditioning but they have many doors and windows. The bed is on a platform and has romantic netting around it. The bures also have a big sitting area with a stocked minibar (try the cookies they are awesome!). The bathrooms are very big with walk in showers. The bures have very big patios with tables, chairs, hammock. The food is to die for at Vatulele. I liked every thing I ate there and I am a very picky eater. You eat at a long dinner table which is fun as you get to know the other guests. If you want to have a romantic dinner they will set you up in the wine cellar or on the beach (fun). Vatulele has the best beach out of the three resorts. It is long, wide, and has white sand. It is a little rough with some coral, but you can still sun bath, and walk without shoes. The snorkling is good, try going to Nookie Nookie island.

Namale - The bures are not as big here, but they are very romantic. They have king sized beds, a small sitting area, a fully stocked mini bar, a large bathroom, and big decks. The beds also have romantic netting around them. The food was very good. For breakfast have anything you can that you can put syrup on. They make the best syrup at Namale. Namale has the most activities you can do. You can go horse back riding, mt biking, hiking, swimming, snorkeling, take a trip to a waterfall, visit a village, virtual golf, bowling, and much much more. The beach is ok at Namale. It is not huge, but it can be beautiful. The snorkling is pretty good also.

According to your requirements (great snorkeling, good beach, good food, and luxurious bures) here is how I would rate the resorts;

1. Vatulele - great snorkeling, great beach, great food, very luxurious bures

2. Royal Davui - awesome snorkeling, good beach, great food, ultra-luxurious bures

3. Namale - good snorkeling, good beach, great food, luxurious bures

Katt

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,307 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for great beach and snorkeling

I can't afford any of them but judging from the pics I've seen and from feedback, Vatulele has the beach and everything else you need. Hear that Bosso? pub

3. Re: Where to stay for great beach and snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, August 14, 2009