We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on Likuliku Lagoon Resort

California
6 posts
Save Topic
Feedback on Likuliku Lagoon Resort

My husband and I are planning our first Fiji vacation in May or September of 2008 & we are strongly considering the over the water bure. However, my travel agent has had negative feedback on them; such as, bats dropping fruit pits on your bure all night long and , also, that the bures are very close together - no privacy - with the cleaning workers going in and out all day long. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from your experience in one of these bures. We are also planning a Blue Lagoon 4-day, 3 night cruise and a 4 night stay @Namale. All comments will be greatly appreciated as we have been planning this vacation for 2 years and want to have an outstanding time! Thanks. Bonzie

Sydney
Level Contributor
488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback on Likuliku Lagoon Resort

Hi Bonzie,

Likuliku is absolutely fantastic - I would not hesitate in recommending this beautiful piece of heaven.

Go to the Likuliku Lagoon Resort website and read the reviews that have been posted. We were there when it had just opened this year and stayed in the Deluxe Beach Bures which have the plunge pool and day bed. The overwater bures are gorgeous, but don't have the pool and day bed. They also don't seem as large as the bures. Bonzie, the food is just the best you will have tasted - guaranteed!! I have read the reviews re bat dropping etc and that must only be in the bures from about 43 upwards. We stayed in no. 39 and had no trouble. The cleaning people only come by in the morning when we were out in the water anyway. They come by in the afternoon to give you homemade warm cookies and an Ice Bucket - can't complain about that !!! The resort is very quiet, serene, the people friendly (call you by name) - it is brand new, clean and gorgeous. We have booked a five night package for October this year - very spoilt going twice in the one year (which we can't really afford), but it is so nice and I can't get it out of my mind and just have to go back while it is still new. If you have any further queries, I am only too happy to answer. Have photos if you want me to send to you. Your holiday sounds absolutely fantastic - I'm jealous !! Cheers...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feedback on Likuliku Lagoon Resort

Can I see your photos too!

We are choosing between Likuliku and Royal Duvai and just can't make up our minds!!! Some people say the beach is bad at Likuliku, and you can't swim there.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feedback on Likuliku Lagoon Resort

The beach is very tidal so you must pick the best tim of day to swim otherwise when the tide is out the water is along way and very shallow.

Sydney
Level Contributor
488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feedback on Likuliku Lagoon Resort

NjGirl17,

No problem to send you my Likuliku photos - just private message me your email address and I'll send today.

Likuliku is beautiful - I am going back next month for my 3rd visit - can't wait.

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feedback on Likuliku Lagoon Resort

There are bats on Malolo, but you only see them at dusk and I can't see how it would be possible for them to drop fruit pits on the roofs of the overwater bungalows!! Maybe those people were staying in one of the bures? In any case, it wouldn't be an "all night long" occurrence.

I have heard people mention that the bures are quite close together. Personally I don't feel this is the case, and I think the bures are lovely. I actually think the deluxe beachfronts with the plunge pools are nicer than the overwater bungalows, but if you are only there for a few nights and want that "overwater" experience then you should go for it! The food is fabulous at Liku liku and the staff are very attentive (I'm sure you can just hang the do not disturb sign on the door if you don't want the cleaning ladies disturbing you!!).

6. Re: Feedback on Likuliku Lagoon Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 03, 2010