We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snacking

Pacifica
6 posts
Save Topic
snacking

my husband and i are going to qamea in november. can anyone let me know if there are snacks on the island or is it just breakfast, lunch, and dinner. also any hints on packing.

Austin, TX
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: snacking

My wife and I recently honeymooned at Qamea (end of July, early August) and I can guarantee you won't go hungry. Three big meals a day and you can ask for snacks any time (they have a snack menu). The food is very high quality, too. We had lobster twice during our 10-day stay, and other great seafood too. Neither of us eats meat but the other guests seemed to enjoy the steak, etc.

The only thing you pay extra for is alcoholic beverages. Having heard it was expensive, we picked up 4 or 5 bottles of wine and champagne duty-free on the way but in hindsight it wasn't worth it. We didn't find the drink or wine prices to be unreasonable and could have saved ourselves the hassle by buying there.

Enjoy your trip! It is really an amazing pace. Say hi to Junior for us :-)

Oh...and regarding your other post...don't worry about the travel getting there. It IS an adventure and you will have to take a few prop-planes, jeep rides, boat rides, etc, but hey that is part of the fun. Where (or bring) waterproof sandles on the day you are traveling there!

Minnesota
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: snacking

tammylancaster-i've been interested in reading your posts and the replies, as my fiance and i are also going to qamea in early november. we'll be getting married there! have you gotten any other good tips? i saw a recent post about dress being country club casual which was helpful. hope to see you there!

SF, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: snacking

Bula tammylancaster

Qamea can accomodate any request - TRUST ME! I had a craving of French fries one day on the resort at around 11 and they brought me crisp delicious fries. For breakfast they have abou 7 selections of different breakfast selections (eggs benedict, omelettes, pancakes, etc) If you want a side of hashbrowns or bacon they can add it for, just ask!

For lunch and dinner the selections are 1 main (2 to chose from at dinner) and 1 entree (2 to chose from at lunch or dinner) and desert for dinner. They will accomodate your any wish (if they have it of course), so if you need to- just ask....

Packing, I would bring the normal shorts, swim suits, casual light weight clothing, but I would also pack a pair of long pants (something light) and a sweater or some type of long sleeves. We were just there last week and there were spurts of rain, but for the most part it was fairly nice. Lots of bug repellent if you are bug bite prone (like myself). My husband was untouched (go figure)

Hope that helps.

4. Re: snacking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 17, 2009