We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starting to Pack - Dress Clothes?

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
75 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Starting to Pack - Dress Clothes?

Hello! I gather the resort ambiance at Qamea is casual and familial, so I shouldn't worry about packing dress shoes, business shirts, slacks, etc. I typically wear shorts or jeans with a short-sleeve button down shirt in casual atmospheres. Will that suffice for dinners at the Qamea resort, based on anyone's experiences?

Thanks!

1 reply
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Starting to Pack - Dress Clothes?

Haven't stayed at Qamea, but have stayed at another resort similar to Qamea. Leave the high heels, dress shoes, and fancy jewelry home. Will live in sandals or go barefoot. Out of respect, it is customary to take off your shoes/ sandals before entering the dining room or your bure. Take tennis shoes should you plan on hiking, sandals won't cut it.

As for dinner attire .Women: sun dresses short or long, capris or nice shorts with dressy top. Men: nice shorts, polo shirts. Short sleeved button down shirt would be fine. Jeans will probably be too hot. We wear them on the plane, but put our shorts on before deplaning in Nadi. You might take a light weight pair of slacks.

Coming from the states, you will need an adapter angled for Australia for charging camera/laptop batteries. We also take a power converter, and small power strip for charging more than one camera at the same time. For other suggestions of what to take with you:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Hope this helps.

Reply to: Starting to Pack - Dress Clothes?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted