We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Childrens ages

Invercargill, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Childrens ages

I have booked online at Treasure Island but wanted only one bure for the family (2 adults and 2 children). One child is 12 but I had to enter his age as 11 otherwise the website interpreted my booking as 3 adults and 1 child and refered me to two bures (and alot higehr price!). I am hoping this won't be a problem when we arrive because I would hate something like this to ruin our holiday. Do they actually check children's ages at the resort against their passports?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Childrens ages

Contact the resort directly, as it does pretty specifically state (in numerous places) that children are classed as "under 12" or "2 - 11 years old".

See: treasureisland-fiji.com/treasure_island_acco…

Contact details are here: www.treasureisland-fiji.com/reservations.php

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Childrens ages

I would contact the resort directly for that. They do price per bure per night (not per person) so should be able to fix that easily. But any children's meal deal will be not available - you might have to pay for the child to eat.

Invercargill, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Childrens ages

Thanks for your really helpful replies. I contacted the resort and they have sorted it out. They seem really friendly. We are so looking forward to our stay.

I've got a few more questions to you experts out there - if the adults purchased the two-meal plan option and our child was on the child-meal plan which was three meals, would they have to eat lunch alone if the adults did breakfast+dinner? Silly question I know but I am wondering.

We are booked into an beach front bure. I see there are lots of posts about bure locations. If we are after quiet and away from restaurants and play areas, what bure numbers should be hope for?

Thanks for all your help. This is the first family holiday like this and I just don't want to get anything wrong. Hopefully one day I can give good advice too!

My account won't let me log back in so I've had to create a new name (Ann137_1) but its still me!

Thanks again.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Childrens ages

Hi Ann - how old is your other child? The bures at Treasure have 1 x KS bed & 1 x single with room for a cot. May be a bit squishy with the 4 of you in one room??? Unless you are big eaters, I would avoid the meal plan as you only get to eat from the buffet. A-la-carte is cheaper if you only eat one course per meal. Kids under 12 eat free from the buffet at breakfast & lunch & have to have dinner at 5.30pm for the "kids eat free" dinner. OK if they are going to kids club after dinner but we found it a bit of a pain. Overall it was cheaper just to "pay as you go" - especially as adults &/or kids can often share a meal like a pizza at lunch time - but we did have breakfast included in our tariff.

As for bure location - the only difference is what side of the island you are on. One has sandy beaches on the leeward side - the other is on the windward side. The only difference between "Island" & "Beachfront" is the island bures are in blocks of 4 - 20 steps from the beach while beachfront are 10 steps in blocks of 2. Oceanview are 15 steps in blocks of 2. So really no difference except some of the BF have been renovated. All of the bures are well removed from the main restaurant/pool area. Each location has VERY minor advantages/disadvantages but really, the island is so small, it really doesn't matter in the big picture. As Max will tell you when you arrive - Welcome Home & Relax! Enjoy your holiday.

melbourne
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Childrens ages

go for bures 40 and above to get the best beach, but its all a short walking distance anyway. as mentioned above, the only difference is the garden view bures which are 4 in a row as opposed to 2 for ocean and beach. We sat with our kids as they ate lunch - 3 meals a day too much.

You'll have a great time. My only tip would be to check up on your tab every few days, I'm sure I had a lot of additional charges but did not have time to go through them with a fine tooth comb as teh ferry was leaving.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Childrens ages

tez823 - have they changed the meal plan? When we went in Dec 10 the meal plan was whatever we wanted - some dinners were buffet only but most were a la carte. Lunches were a choice buffet or a la carte (off the menu was better!) and breakfast was buffet as well, eggs cooked to order.

So to answer your question - we all had lunch together & ordered off the menu.

The kids dinner is a bit early, we felt rushed in the afternoon to get to that. They didn't like the main dinner menu.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Childrens ages

We were there in June last year and as I said, a bit different because we were on a B&B rate (not meal plan) however all the people on the meal plan were eating lunch from the buffet. We ordered 1 or 2 dishes to share between us as the portions were quite generous. Our son was able to eat from the buffet. The kids dinner is OK if they are going off to kids club after but it was a bit early - especially as KC finishes at 9pm.

8. Re: Childrens ages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island