We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay before Octopus Island

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay before Octopus Island

Hi

Planning to stay at Octopus Island for 7 nights as we have heard so many good reveiws.

We have 5 days to stay somewhere in the Mamanuccas Islands before. We are a family with 2 children.

We dont have a huge budget and we dont want to stay on the main island as we hear it is not as nice as the smaller islands.

We were thinking about staying the 5 days on treasure island as it has a good deal at the moment but was wondering whether the boat transfers are easy to get to Octopus island from Tresure Island? My kids are not very good on boats and so we dont want to go back to the main marina at Denaru then out again (cost and time).

Any other accomadtion suggestions that are easy to island hop to Octopus island?

ThanksTerry

West Boylston...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay before Octopus Island

Just a question regarding which bures are better point premium or poppys luxury?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay before Octopus Island

Point bures are at either end of the resort, Poppys Lodge is close lto pool, bar and restaurant. Quality of rooms much the same, but I would prefer Point as being a little more removed from the centre of things.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay before Octopus Island

In response to the OP - you can get the Yasawa Flyer from Beachcomber Island which is right next door to Treasure. They will transfer you over there for free :) - 2 minutes. You just have to set it up with them on arrival. Treasure is a lovely barefoot paradise and I'm sure you'll love it!

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay before Octopus Island

Hi Thanks for your reply. I managed to sort out with the Yassawa flyer to pick me up from Treasure island and take me to Octopus Island. You cant do it on line but if you email them directly they sort it out for you. Cant wait both resorts sound very different and easy to get to and throw.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay before Octopus Island

I am sure you will enjoy both, very different.

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay before Octopus Island

Point buries are better IMHO

7. Re: Where to stay before Octopus Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, July 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island