We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure Island Wedding

new zealand
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Treasure Island Wedding

My fiance and I want to get married on Treasure next year but are unsure of what time of year is best, does anybody know?

Thanks

Auckland
7 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Treasure Island Wedding

Not sure if you have booked your photographer yet - we used Meg Campbell-Back here is a link to our wedding photos on Treasure Island Sept 2009:

www.facebook.com/album.php…

We opted to used our own photographer rather then the one the resort suggested and were extremely happy with the results - Meg actually lives on Treasure Island (she is the wife of the Manager) so she actually gave us a discount as she did not need to travel (take a boat) to the another resort to take the photos. Let us know if you want any more info

new zealand
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Treasure Island Wedding

Thank you - your photos are stunning!! I do have a couple of questions, what did you do for your wedding cake? and how was the food?

Auckland
7 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Treasure Island Wedding

For the wedding cake - they organised that, I let them do what they wanted - we ended up with a cake far too large! (so I would suggest sending a photo of what you would like) for the food if you PM me your email address I can send menus etc we had the canape's to start with & bubbly, after the photos we then had the beach banquet, unfortunately the weather was quite windy and small amount of rain, we had to re-located to inside. For the flowers I was quite specific and Lavinea had to change the florest she usually uses to get the ones I wanted..

Melbourne
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Treasure Island Wedding

Hi Chillagee

I have just returned from Treasure and agree it would be a fantastic place for a wedding.

I would however try to request and get confirmation to stay in one of the brand new deluxe bures 5 or 6. These are simply stunning with cathedral thatched ceilings, double bowl vanities in bathroom and both indoor and huge outdoor showers and 10 meters fom the beach on the North side

They really have the WOW factor and would be perfect for newlyweds

If they cant confirm these bures (as management seem to leave these unoccupied so they can show possible investors/travel agents through), the next best bures are 37 then 38 which are standard recently refurbished bures near the chapel.

The rest of the bures are all very tired/old looking and frankly not up to scratch for such a nice resort

Not sure how many will be in your party but private dining in the flambe restaurant could also be a nice touch for yourselves and your guests (for 6 to 16 people)

Best of Luck

new zealand
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Treasure Island Wedding

Is it possible for me to see some of the photos bula shots took of your wedding please?

16. Re: Treasure Island Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 10, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island