We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power at night

Auckland
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Power at night

Hi, I have read that some of the islands turn off the power at night. we are planning a stay on treasure island with out five month old and quite often have to make a bottle in the middle of the night.

Does treasure turn its power off ??

also does anyone know how much fiji bitter is at the bar ??

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Power at night

Plantation had it's share of outages which I think were unplanned back in the 90's. This rarely happened recently. I doubt any of the mainstream Mamanuca resorts do it. Malolo didn't when I stayed there and neither did Beachcomber. I think the far flung places in the Yasawa's probably do. I would not worry about Treasure.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Power at night

Sorry to contradict Pub (as he is a mammoth of info on this forum!!) :0), but when we were there 12 or so months ago they actually did turn the power off twice a day for about 20 mins at a time I think. (I know it wasnt long). Once late in the afternoon and once during the night. It had something to do with the power pumps....But in all honesty it was no bid deal. It just meant most of the time that you had to reset the A/C if you happened to be using it.

Fiji babies were between $3.50 -$4.50 each from memory.

Enjoy your trip!

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Power at night

Crickett, no worries mate. It's good to know as I have never stayed at Treasure. It does surprise me but it all depends I guess on where you go.

Auckland
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Power at night

Thankyou for the reply's that is one less thing to worry about.

Four weeks to go :o)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Power at night

Hi

We just got back from Treasure and didn't notice the power being off at all. A little tip for you and bubs...take some sort of insect repellent. It is expensive on the island and my daughter and I got covered in bites. Enjoy your holiday! K

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Power at night

We too wouldn't have noticed the power being off either. We only found out about it upon asking a staff member when it actually occurred as they just happened to be in our bure at the time the A/C went off.

But like I said it only goes out for a minimal amount of time and due to the times they do it, it really would go unnoticed by guests.

This was also over a year ago now, so perhaps things have changed??

Enjoy your trip...not long for you now... :)

Auckland
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Power at night

Thank you so much for the advice the colder it gets here the more we are looking forward to the holiday

down to counting "Sleeps" now :o)

Brisbane
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Power at night

Hi there, We've just come back from a week at Treasure, didn't notice any power outages whilst there other than the generator broke down the morning we were leaving so had trouble fixing our account. Wouldnt have a clue the beer price either as all our beer, wine and fizzy was free for the month of May. Also noticed while in the shop there they have prams for hire.

Auckland
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Power at night

Hi All,

Back from our Holiday

the only issue we had with power was when we went to turn on a light at bottle time and the bulb blew and tripped out the power to our bure.

The response from reception was fantastic by the time I made it back to the bure a sparky was already there and the power was back on !!

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Power at night

Yes I dont think you will have any problems I have a trip booked for a couple of months away and have been dealing with the resort direct and they have not advised of any issues with the power overnight! I have also had other family members stay previously and they also had no issue with the power in a 2 week stay should be fine fingers crossed!

Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island