We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Treasure Island

Level Contributor
59 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Treasure Island

We are staying on Denarau and wondered if we can just catch the local ferry to spend the day at Treasure Island without going through South Sea Cruises? We are taking one of their day tours to Castaway or Amunuca since it's farther but wanted something close, cheaper, and easier to get to for just a few hours of snorkeling or laying by the beach.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Treasure Island

Hello,

We were in Fiji a few weeks ago, and I'm not sure about a local ferry, but there is the Yasawa Flyer (website http://www.awesomefiji.com/default.aspx) that goes from Denerau to many islands. I could only find package information on the website, but you could email them. It's not cheap, but I think you could take a morning boat and get dropped off at one of the islands, spend the day snorkelling or beaching (the snorkelling is AMAZING, we went at Octopus on Waya Island in the Yasawas and also at Bounty Island- didn't care for the attitude of the staff at Bounty, but the snorkelling is beautiful) and then catch the Flyer on its way back later in the day.

HOOKED ON FIJI is a great lady who is very knowledgeable and helpful so you might want to contact her or Thai Marilyn. Hope that helps!

Jen

2. Re: Day trip to Treasure Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island