We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amanuca Island resort

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Amanuca Island resort

Does any one have any information on this resort? It sounds good on the web site but it doesn't have any photos of the resort or beach or pools yet.

In a brochure I have, it says it opens in April yet the web site says August?

Does any one know what the beach is like there? Anyone booked there yet?

Thank you.

new Zealand
Level Contributor
78 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Amanuca Island resort

We day tripped to this place The only thing I can say is that it was HORRIBLE

Restaurant food just about inedible Fliies and more flies

Grubby toilets around pool

Disinterested staff

Pool looks great in brochures but is quite small Tiles chipping off it

Beach is small one end had very smelly seaweed washed up

the other end is rocks

Sydney
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Amanuca Island resort

We are leaving next week for 10 days on Amunuca and I'm starting to think we've made a mistake. We have 2 kids 4 and 7yrs. Any thoughts on the kids club? Also can you buy food supplies there like bottled water biscuits, bread etc. Would you suggest taking own flippers, fishing lines etc? Are mozzies and flies a problem. Would really appreciate some advice!!!

Thanks

Auckland
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Amanuca Island resort

run my friend - run

Melbourne
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
84. Re: Amanuca Island resort

Only got back on Wednesday, I would strongly recommend not going to this place, as without Air Con this place is extremely hot with many people leaving early due to heat.

We had the holiday from hell and will put our experinces up in the reviews

The Service/Food/Flys/Safety/poor kids club/Noise/Lack of privacy at night/smell were all problems, they are also running out of food now as at times we had no coffee, tea and many juices at breakfast

There is still only one small pool which is very dangerous with many missing tiles (My son cut his foot). Our biggest regret is not leaving after the first day(Thinking it will get better)

I have been to Fiji many times this is the worst place by far

In my opinion the spot is great (Best snorkelling and diving around) the hotel is already looking old and run down

If you want a great famiy holiday in the islands go to castaway, same price far superior

85. Re: Amanuca Island resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, September 10, 2009