We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amunuca Resort Update

BURLINGTON
Level Contributor
783 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Amunuca Resort Update

I indicated that I would get back to the forum when I found out anything for certain with regard to the rumors of the resort closing for 6 months. I e-mailed the resort several days ago but have not had a reply. A posting on their Facebook page also mentioned the resort being closed, at least in April. Today I checked their website again and discovered that there are no bookings available from March 1st to June 30th. So it looks like a 4 month closure for renovations. We are booked for July 4th-8th so I am feeling relived - just hoping it all works out for us.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amunuca Resort Update

Hey newfie - I tried emailing them too after your last post and also mentioned that their online booking was showing vacancies for the rumoured closure period. No reply from them but obviously they've moved to block out the dates they're closed....... Maybe when you get there you can quiz them about WHY they didn't reply to your email??? Maybe comms are still a bit haphazard after the cyclone?? Only valid reason I can think of.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amunuca Resort Update

I'm not sure if Amunuca (like other resorts) have an office in Nadi/Suva as well.

Tokoriki is trading / up and running without an issue (and the island has a link back to the mainland for communications), so it shouldn't be an issue with communications.

Edited: 9:03 pm, January 18, 2013
BURLINGTON
Level Contributor
783 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amunuca Resort Update

I'm thinking I am not high on their list at the moment as our reservation should be alright and that they are more likely contacting people who have reservations within the closure time. That is what happened to the poster on their Facebook page - her reservation in April was cancelled. I may hear from them later.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amunuca Resort Update

Maybe - but I was making an enquiry for a new booking...... You'd think they would at least respond to that!

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amunuca Resort Update

Just received this reply:

Happy to advise that the resort will be closing from the 15th of February for 4 months . We will certainly post on facebook on our re-opening date after the renovation.

6. Re: Amunuca Resort Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 21, 2014