We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amunuca Island - a few questions to be answered

Which Tokoriki Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Amunuca Island - a few questions to be answered

Hi There,

We are a family of 4 with 2 small children aged 2 and 4 and taking advantage of the super specials to Amunuca Island in August. I am hoping someone can help assist with some of my questions:

1. Is there any shop on the island to buy things like milk, bottled water, snacks etc - especially for the kids??

2. What are their meals like for children..I have very fussy eaters that don't eat alot???

3. Want to do a couple of tours from the island? Possiby the one to Tom Hank's Island from the movie Castaway or even the Village Tour? Do you think these tours would be okay with the kids??

4) We are flying to the island with Island Hopper Helicopters - any feedback on this flight would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks and I look forward to getting your responses.

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amunuca Island - a few questions to be answered

We are looking forward to trying Amunuca later on in the year too.I suggest you private message some of the people that have recently written reviews on Amunuca with your questions.I would be interested to hear how your holiday goes when you return.

Tracy

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amunuca Island - a few questions to be answered

I agree with Tracey, as this resort went into receivership late last year then it was on the market and sold.

Understand an Asian Company bought it, and the new owners took over in the last month or so. I also understand they are trying to "turn it around", and on recent reviews that may be the case. Hence the specials and great prices they are offering.

Like Tracey I recommend you Private Message recent reviewers and ask.

"Islanda" a forum poster on this site lives in Fiji and she gave a report to a recent question about the resort. Perhaps do a search for her post.

Just adding to the questions you asked, there is no fresh milk on the islands, it's all UHT (long life) milk. Perhaps bring some milk formula from home. Buy bottled water at the duty free, they sell 4x3lt bottles for about FJ$15, as I would be hesitant to use tap water. If you can't buy water, boil all the water from a tap before drinking it just to be safe, rather than sick.

Take the snacks with you from Australia, as I mentioned in another question you asked, or buy it at the airport.

Tours - email the resort and ask. Or try Tokoriki Resort website , close to Amunuca and check if they do trips.

Looking forward to your review. Have a great holiday.

Edited: 7:33 am, July 07, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Amunuca Island - a few questions to be answered

Thank you very much for your response. Looking forward to Amunuca and will definitely write a review upon return home in early September.

4. Re: Amunuca Island - a few questions to be answered

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 04, 2011