We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General Questions Regarding Costs/Tipping

Which Tokoriki Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee
5 posts
Save Topic
General Questions Regarding Costs/Tipping

My fiance and I are staying at Tokoriki for our honeymoon in a sunset pool villa. We are planning on not doing the meal package. Is it possible to charge meals to the room?

Also, I don't want to come across as a snob, as I am a nice guy and we're going to be here to relax and have a great time. How much is considered decent tipping?

Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General Questions Regarding Costs/Tipping

Don't know about Tokoriki resort or whether you can charge things to your room, but I am sure you would be able to, as this is the way most resort opperate in Fiji.

As for tipping, it is not customary, nor required in Fiji. Most resorts frown upon it. You will find that most resort have a 'staff fund' box which you can donate to.

Nola :)

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,398 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: General Questions Regarding Costs/Tipping

Tipping is not customary in Fiji and is discouraged. We have never tipped our waiter after meals, bartenders, or cleaning staff. Must admit it took some getting use to. If you chose, resorts have a Christmas Fund you can contribute to. The money collect during the year is divided equally between all the staff. What to give is up to you based on the service and what your budget allows. We give between 200FD and 300FD per week.

The following link has information regarding tipping in Fiji. Hope you find it helpful and informative.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-s606/Fiji:Tip…

Haven't been to Tokoriki, so can't help with the meal charges. That said, most resorts allow meals and excursions to be charged to your room. You might e-mail the the resort for information.

3. Re: General Questions Regarding Costs/Tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 02, 2010