We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad review of Castaway

Which Castaway Island (Qalito) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mar
Central Coast Sydney
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bad review of Castaway

As I am an avid reader of this forum was shocked to see the latest review titled (very disapointing) now its making me doubt my decision to go - Food sounds shoking! - Has anyone been there over the holidays? please make me feel like i have made the right decision>????

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad review of Castaway

I myself have just read a bad review about the Shangri La Fijian, which is where I am heading at the end of March. Just had friends return from there saying that they had the best time and it was a fantasitic resort. So who do you believe??

You need to not take bad reviews to much to heart, especially if the resort has more good than bad. You will find that the person who has written the bad review didn't do their research and ended up going to a resort that wasn't right for them. Also some people have too high an expectation or one little thing goes wrong and they let it ruin their whole holiday.

Castaway is a fantastic resort and I have heard nothing but good things about it. I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

Beerwalk :)

mar
Central Coast Sydney
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad review of Castaway

I know i know - thanks Beerwalk - just needed up PEP talk LOL!! - it was just a very bad one!! hehe!! - hopefully will be fine when we r there in May!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bad review of Castaway

Always here to help!!!!

Most of the time when I read a bad review about a resort I have been too and loved, I have to stop myself from writting to that person and telling them that they should have done their research or maybe it wasn't the resort but them!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
549 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bad review of Castaway

We've been to Castaway twice. The food ranged from average to very good. If you have kids this is really a fabulous place and the positives tend to make up for the fact that some dishes and the lunch buffet option in particular can be a bit average. We learnt to order off the menu for lunch or grab a pizza.

There are heaps of reviews of Castaway and the majority are very good, so I would tend to be fairly confident that it will deliver a good holiday experience. Sometimes it's just luck of the draw. I find visiting a resort when the owners or managers are away often results in a less positive experience. I often feel like emailing the smaller places and confirming that the leadership team will be there when we are!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bad review of Castaway

I take most really bad reviews with a grain of salt. Most of it comes from attitude: you can tell that when someone gets ticked off early in their holiday, that they just continue for the rest of their time looking for a fight. We went to Castaway just over 2 years ago, and whilst the holiday wasn't perfect (what holiday is?), it was pretty damn good. The people were really friendly, especially those in the kids' club (hello Fin!) I would concur that the woman at the poolside bar was a little "frosty" though!

By and large the food was excellent, and we loved cocktails in the bar upstairs at sunset.

We too spent quite a bit of money on our holiday there, but we felt we got great value for money.

Just remember the vast majority of reviews are great, which should give you plenty of confidence with your choice.

Zorcon.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,757 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bad review of Castaway

Go with a positive outlook. I love Castaway, have heard nothing and experienced only positive things . I guess we all have different expectations an isloated bad review I would tend to disregard. Go and enjoy.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,398 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bad review of Castaway

You will find both positive and negative reports for every resort. It is impossible to please all the people all the time. If you do your research, keeping in mind no one resort will have the all, you will have a great vacation.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bad review of Castaway

I have read bad reviews at times from people who have been fellow guests at the same time I was there - I have to say that in every case it was their own attitude that coloured their review, while others were having a great time!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bad review of Castaway

I really believe that some people are there own worst enemy when it comes to enjoying a holiday.

sydney
Level Contributor
252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bad review of Castaway

You get some usual reasons why some people dont like a particular resort. As said everyone is different. It does not matter what some of the employees at these reorts do they will never be able to help some people.

One of the best complaints I heard was someone was never coming back to a resort and would never recommend it because the bacon in the morning was not crispy enough and there eggs were not cooked properly.. Just ask to have it cooked a little bit longer. With the eggs they were standing there whilst they were cooked in front of them. Got me how they could cook them wrong.

Most people should take notice of an overall review. If I took notice of a few bad reviews I would not have gone to alot of places and had such enjoyable holidays.

Edited: 6:08 pm, January 29, 2010