We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelonline.com

gold coast
8 posts
Save Topic
travelonline.com

has anyone booked through travelonline.com I am getting a much better price with them for my castawy island booking but am nervous as do not normally book online and travel agent has advise they will not match.

gold coast
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: travelonline.com

Thank you. I have sent off my booking but decided to pay a $200- deposit and balance 30 days before. You can do this if you direct deposit the $200 which saves you the 2% c/card fee anyway.

I have had my booking confirmed but have emailed off the a few details to be confirmed ie: no of people, beds and meals clearly outlined.

That is great advise to email resort direct. Thank you.

If anyone booking seaplane or helicopter I got a better deal direct for helicopter being less than seaplane.

Lena

Edmonton
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: travelonline.com

Hello! You could also check the price on fiji-hotels.com. They are part of the whl.travel company, and we just booked our November trip to Matamanoa with them. The lady we're dealing with is located in Fiji, her name is Vika, and she has been terrific to deal with...responds promptly to our emails and arranged our heli transfers as well. She will even be meeting our plane when we arrive in Nadi, and will take us to the helicopter!

Compared to the price quoted by the resort, we saved almost $400 with our online booking. The rate was even less than with travelonline.com, who also quoted a lower rate than the resort. Hope that helps!

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: travelonline.com

The resorts usually offer a wholesale price to the online companies and yes a lot of the time they are cheaper than what the resort can offer it just depends on what sort of deals the resort has to offer. I book all my trips myself and so therefore have the opportunity to book via the online websites like travelonline or direct with the resort/hotel in most cases I go with the resort as I usually travel in off peak times of the year so the resort can offer better that being said the resorts that i have booked direct with have often said we will see what we can offer but a cheaper deal may be with the wholesaler. In future you may want to try going directly to your resort and asking them for a quote. Also the web offers can change daily by price but also what they include in the offer so yes you can book one day and then find the next the offer has changed just part of the fun of holidaying good luck with your journey!

Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: travelonline.com

thanks fan for the info. i have been wondering which fiji travel agents are good.

gold coast
8 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: travelonline.com

travel online, so far have been excellent with service and they were better priced then anyone else I found. So if you go well they are worth booking with.

Canberra
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: travelonline.com

Thanks all for your feedback! I just found an amazing deal on travelonline for Fiji, that is far cheaper than Expedia, and wanted to make sure the site is legit.

Now, I'll go ahead and book.

Cheers.

Central Coast NSW
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: travelonline.com

Hi Lena

Have you tried booking with Airpacific, I have a quote for 6 nights for 2A & 1C at Sonaisali resort for $700 cheaper than Travelonline

Gary

melbourne
Level Contributor
29 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: travelonline.com

Hi, sorry I know this is an old thread but thought I'd add my opinion as we have just got back from 10 days in Fiji that we booked through travelonline. Like some others i was a bit nervous but we had no problems whatsoever with any of the content booked through them. We used points for our flights but travelonline was used to book 6 nights mana island, transfers (boat one way and plane one way), meal plan and 3 nights sofitel at denarau. The price was great; from memory $2300 for all the mana content (2 adults 2 kids) and $300 for sofitel (inc bfast, room upgrade and 50% voucher for spa).

We were perfectly happy and would use them again. As an aside, i originally went into flight centre in the early stages of planning the trip and was quoted more than double the price I eventually paid through travelonline. Hope this helps.

Jacqui

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: travelonline.com

NSWSTEAMPOWER When are you off to Sonaisali? I just love it if you have any questions bout the resort let me know am off myself in a couple of weeks for my 4th trip regards!

20. Re: travelonline.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:31 am, March 28, 2010