We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

castaway island meal plan costs and weather for May??

New York City
Level Contributor
257 posts
1 review
Save Topic
castaway island meal plan costs and weather for May??

Hi

Planning on taking a much needed solo vacation from the USA to Fiji. Castaway island was recommnded and looks like a great place!!

Anyone know the meal plan costs?

How is the typical weather in May??

Cant wait to go!!

any other info on Castaway Island would be great!!

Hey, how do you get there from the airport? flying into Nadi on Air New Zealand about 5am!!

Jackie

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
945 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: castaway island meal plan costs and weather for May??

kowkitty,

Castaway is a great place. There are tons of things to do, they have a great pool, awesome snorkeling, the bures are very good, and the food is very good also.

If you are going in May from the US you should be able to get Castaways Free Meal Deal. You get all your meals free during your stay. Ask your travel agent to look into that for you.

You can get to Castaway by sea plane, helicopter, or boat. If you are going by sea plane or helicopter they fly from Nadi Airport. If you are going by boat, the first one leaves Denarau at about 9am. You will need a transfer from the airport to Denarau marina.

katt

New York City
Level Contributor
257 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: castaway island meal plan costs and weather for May??

Hey, free meal plan??? what is this!!! how often and when do they have this?? I'll plan my trip around a free meal deal at a nice hotel anytime!!! I'm actually doing the trip on my own (no agent) so I'll email the hotel to see what I can find out.

Thanks again

best info yet!!

Jackie

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: castaway island meal plan costs and weather for May??

KK, weather in May should be real choice. low-mid 80's and the sun is to the north and not directly overhead so beach time will be more comfortable. Water temps still very warm. A generally very nice time in the region.

Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: castaway island meal plan costs and weather for May??

Hi Kowkitty

Actually heading off in a weeks time to Castaway for 9 days.. Will let you know what its like on my return. We got a $99 (aus $) meal plan for all our meals for the whole stay. So they obviously do deals on the food.

Aussiedramaqueen!!

5. Re: castaway island meal plan costs and weather for May??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 27, 2009