We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mamanuca Islands / matamanoa Island Resort

QLD, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Mamanuca Islands / matamanoa Island Resort

Does this sound like a good deal?????

Below is a quote. But I can't work out why it is "launching" us from Matamanoa to Tokoriki???????? Can anyone explain this to me?

Includes 2 adults staying 12th February 2007 to 19th February 2007

Meet and Greet on arrival

Launch Matamanoa to Tokoriki : Departs Matamanoa 16.15/16.30

7 nights : Matamanoa Island Resort : Garden View Hotel Room

Includes- Hot breakfast daily

Honeymoon Bonus : Includes- Bottle of sparkling wine and tropical fruit basket in room on arrival (proof of recent marriage may be requested)

Meal Plan - All Meals : Includes- Daily Hot breakfast, Lunch is an a la carte menu with daily blackboard specials plus pasta of the day, Dinner is a choice of either table d`hote menu or a la carte menu, Saturday evening BBQ seafood buffet

Launch Matamanoa to Nadi Airport/Hotels Departure & arrival times Matamanoa Island to Denarau Marina 10.30/12.00 : 16.15/17.45

Flights: Brisbane to Nadi : Return airfare. ** Sale Fare ** Limited availability. Flights operate- Mon : Wed : Thu : Fri : Sun.

Land Content: AUD$2630 TOTAL: AUD$3500

Airfares: AUD$870

QLD, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mamanuca Islands / matamanoa Island Resort

Don't worry about me, I worked it out.

But I'm still interested in what people think about Matamanoa Island resort

QLD, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mamanuca Islands / matamanoa Island Resort

What is there to do on Matamanoa Island? My partner is afraid he is going to get bored. Is there waterfalls and things like that on the island or not? Also, how expensive is island hopping?

Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mamanuca Islands / matamanoa Island Resort

shandy012,

Hey that's the same dates we were going to go to Matamanoa as well. We were looking at Matamanoa Island Resort for our honeymoon in Feb 2007 but are changing our minds due to the coop in Fiji at the moment we are just sure if it will be safe and we decided not to take the risk. Might be silly but we don't want our honeymoon spoilt.

Matamanoa Island would of been the resort that we would of been staying on. The below is what we were quoted on by our travel agency but it is a special on until the 8 Dec.

Return airfare departing 12 February

Airport taxes

Return transfers and launch throughout

1 night Mercure Hotel Nadi - deluxe room

5 nights Matamanoa Island in a beachfront bure with all meals

1 night Mercure Hotel Nadi - deluxe room

$4398.12 total

We haven't booked anythink just yet the other place we have decided to go to is Iririki Island Resort Vanuatu.

QLD, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mamanuca Islands / matamanoa Island Resort

Thank you for that. I was rethinking going to Fiji as well but I have now just decided that we will go but we will just stay off the main land. I can't see anything happening on the small islands of Fiji.

Fiji
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mamanuca Islands / matamanoa Island Resort

i think when they mention "launch"they're referring to the transfer from Matamanoa to Tokoriki.They used to "launch"as in shuttle transfer,however,with the new direct transfer by South Sea Cruises for Matamanoa & Tokoriki,you actually connect the big catamaran Cougar from Matamanoa to Tokoriki......

vinaka i hope that helps you out.....

QLD, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mamanuca Islands / matamanoa Island Resort

Yeah I couldn't understand why they were taking us from Matamanoa to Tokoriki! But I worked it out! I stuffed up! its fixed now though

Thankyou

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,101 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mamanuca Islands / matamanoa Island Resort

The Yasawa Flyer takes you to Mana from Nadi & then you go by a shuttle boat if you are going to Matamanoa or Tokiriki.

The island is beautiful. Under new Management but the wonderful staff are the same minus one or two. The snorkelling fantastic

you can't help but enjoy.

Fiji
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mamanuca Islands / matamanoa Island Resort

Yasawa Flyer does the Yasawa route,Tiger IV does Sth Sea Isl, Treasurer/Beachcomber,Mana,Castway & Malolo before returning to Denarau.The new service for Tokoriki & Matamanoa is direct from Denarau which is by "Cougar",passengers no longer get off at Mana to be shuttled(launch)across to Matamanoa & Tokoriki.The new service enables you to disembark in front of both resorts about 200meters away from the beach,where their respective tender boats come and pick you up...

However in cases where there is a breakdown(which the Sth Sea Cruises staff are quick and very prompt to advise all resorts)they do drop you off at Mana and than shuttled across.Thank you and i hope that little info will ensure that you know what's going on.

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mamanuca Islands / matamanoa Island Resort

We stayed on Matamanoa twice in the last 2 years and married on Tokoriki last year and absoloutly love both places. The first year we went, we didn't know what to expect and booked some nights on the mainland just for something different. I wish we hadn't now. I'd just use the mainland for a stopover if your flights get you in late, it's pretty awful (and a bit scary) and we stayed at one of the more upmarket resorts! On the way back we had one night on Denaru island (part of the mainland I think) at the Sheraton and that was a terrible waste of money. It's really dear and the room was ordinary at best. It's a beautiful resort but not worth the money and the beach is pretty much just like staying at Bribie Island or Redcliffe (ie not the white sand and clear waters you think Fiji is).

I guess it depends on what you want really. If you think you'll get bored on an island, you probably will. It's what you make it. We had a blast and the staff were a bunch of fun. I hope you chose an island, I don't want to say too much against staying on the mainland as I don't want to offend anyone but we were kind of shocked when we first arrived and thought that 'this is Fiji??'. It wasn't until we got to the island that we fell in love with Fiji.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mamanuca Islands / matamanoa Island Resort

Matamanoa is very small, there is nothing to do except relax and enjoy. We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night stay but the food does get a bit monotonous.

Get answers to your questions about Matamanoa Island