We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Fishing Charter from Mana Island

Which Mana Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Booking Fishing Charter from Mana Island

Hi!

I'm heading to Mana Island in August and few of us are really keen to organise a fishing charter on one of the days we're there.

Is someone able to help me out in recommending a charter to use, and also confirm which ones, if any, will pick us up from Mana and return us there after?

Thanks in advance!

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Fishing Charter from Mana Island

Sea Fiji arrange fishing trips from Mana Island and I have not seen any other company coming to the island for this purpose. . To charter a fishing boat for a minimum of 2 hours for a maximum of 4 adults per boat is $FJD295 per hour. Sports fishing (trolling) is $FJD215 per adult, minimum 2 adults, maximum 4 adults.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Fishing Charter from Mana Island

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Would you recommend trying to organise this with Sea Fiji or the resort before arriving or is it safe to plan once we arrive?

I also think that there might be more than 4 of us wanting to do it so I might have to investigate other options such as getting back to Denarau for pick up with another charter if max of 4 is the only option with Sea Fiji.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Fishing Charter from Mana Island

check out www.charterboatsfiji.com They do fishing trips and would probably go out to Mana to get you. They'd be pricier than SeaFiji but they'd take more passengers and inc lunch etc. We did some diving / trolling with them last year - lots of fun but the fish weren't biting when we went out! :(

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Fishing Charter from Mana Island

Hiya, we're heading to the island next month and I wanted to book a fishing trip in as a gift for my companions, is it easier to book now or when we're actually on the island? Are the above prices still the same?

Also, are they able to bring back something they catch and have it cooked for dinner? We have been able to do that at other resorts and they loved it

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Fishing Charter from Mana Island

The cost is still the same and the resort will cook any catches for a small charge. Book the trip when you arrive on the island.

6. Re: Booking Fishing Charter from Mana Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, February 15, 2015
7. Re: Booking Fishing Charter from Mana Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 17, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Mana Island