We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vodafone Sim Cards available at Nadi airport?

Tokoroa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Vodafone Sim Cards available at Nadi airport?

I will be flying to Fiji next week despite the weather! We will then go on to Mana Island, does anyone know if there are still free vodafone sim cards available at Nadi airport for shot term stay?

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
41. Re: Vodafone Sim Cards available at Nadi airport?

I'm going to New Zealand, but first I will spend between two to three months in Suva then move on,so I need to be in touch with all my family while I'm on this trip

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Vodafone Sim Cards available at Nadi airport?

Welcome to the TA Fiji forum - NZ has vodafone SIM cards which will give you a local (NZ) number. When you arrive in Fiji, there are free Vodafone SIM cards at the Vodafone shop - just when you come out of Customs. They will also set your phone up for you - but ensure it is an 'unlocked' phone. You will have to buy some credit - i.e top up - best on a Thursday cause Vodafone offers mega-bonus recharge. E.g if you buy $6-00 credit you will get $15; $11=$44; $15=$85 and so on. Some of this 'credit' is free money so has to be used within 10 days. Your other credit will stay for 3-6 months BUT as long as you top up now and again, it stays (i.e. expiry date goes forward on each top up). Normally PRE-PAY Fiji Vodafone SIM numbers go into cyber space after 3 months if unused - so keep on topping up! Recharge credit is available at most supermarkets, petrol stations, dairies, pharmacies etc. Regularly Voda Fiji offers very cheap calls to NZ, Aus, UK, Canada as promotions. You will receive txt messages advising what is on offer. Vodafone coverage is very good now in Fiji.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Vodafone Sim Cards available at Nadi airport?

We just visited Fiji and I needed a 3G data SIM card for my Mifi device. I was able to purchase from the Vodaphone booth at the Nadi airport a 3G SIM card good for 10 days with 5GB of data for about FJ$65. (can't remember the exact price but that's close)

The data coverage was surprisingly good almost everywhere, even on our boat ride between islands.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
1 review
Save Reply
44. Re: Vodafone Sim Cards available at Nadi airport?

Do they have like a 1/2 days data package at all or 10 days is the least they could do?

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Vodafone Sim Cards available at Nadi airport?

Can't answer this exactly until I have more details - BUT each Thursday Vodafone have a 'top-up special' - spend $6-00and get $6-00 in credit PLUS their free money - if 5UP you would get $30 free money and so on. At times it will be 7UP - Are we talking about fones here or iPads, laptops or ....... What resort are you hoping to be staying at - there are different access modes/providers - i.e. some Mamanuca Island resorts have wifi/data available via a NZ firm - but if you leave the Island - there is no ongoing connection. Some of the Islands have a plan for 24 hours or so - but you cannot log off - have to be on line for 24 to use it all up. Other options include i.e. $100-00 for so much data and you are able to log on and off. Less than this no logging on and off. Provide some more details and we maybe able to help you. Cheers

46. Re: Vodafone Sim Cards available at Nadi airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 30, 2015