We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

plantation or mana island

melbourne
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
plantation or mana island

trying to decide which one. husband and i travelling with 1yo. what activities are there to do on these islands

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: plantation or mana island

I mentioned the activities on Malolo Lailai island in your last question.

Plantation Island Resort is located on this island.

tripadvisor.com.au/…37740395

just open the link regarding activities

all the best with choosing

LTB

tasmania
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: plantation or mana island

Have been to both, definetly Mana, Mana accomodation and food is much better. Read previous posts. I dont think there is alot of difference in price. Plenty of activities.,everyone is catered for.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: plantation or mana island

The following link has information on activities at Mana.

http://www.manafiji.com/activities/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: plantation or mana island

Hi we have been to both with toddlers and babies. We prefer Mana. Same activies but we thought Mana was beautiful with a choice of beaches and the staff we met were fantastic and excellent with kids. When I was at Plantation, the staff were lacking something and the vibe was not great. I think the snorkeling is great at Mana as it is good stright off North Beach there. At Plantation, you can still snorkel off the beach but it isnt as great as Mana.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: plantation or mana island

I would recommend Mana as well ;)

They have the Mei Mei centre for under three year olds and you get 5 free hours of care a day if you are staying 5 nights or more.

Accommodation that I would recommend are the Island Bures. They are located in the middle of the resort, close to everything.

Nola ;)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
751 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: plantation or mana island

Mana is truly magical and would be perfect for you.....so much or so little to do. The Meimei Nannies would suit you fine too. You really feel like you are in paradise!

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: plantation or mana island

I agree with others - Mana!

We have been to both, Plantation once and Mana twice and I wouldnt hesitate to go back to Mana again for all the reasons others previous to my post here have stated....you cant go wrong!

Maree :D

melbourne
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: plantation or mana island

thanks for all the replies this makes planning first time trips so much easier

9. Re: plantation or mana island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, January 10, 2013