We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tadrai

auckland
Level Contributor
376 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Tadrai

I have never stayed at the resort which is a newcomer to what is one of the larger islands in the island group (Mana) and coinhabits the island with the Mana resort. The Tadrai is situated on one of the beaches on the northern side of the island and I think in time will expand either over the water or to an adjacent beach. The beach itself is very nice at full tide but not good at low tide. With the resort only located on the North side it lacks shelter in certain conditions.

We wandered up the beach past the resort (October, early November) and it still obviously a work in progress. The main pool looked very nice and the dining and bar area also looked very good tucked in behind. From what I hear the food is exceptional.

The rooms are large and appear to be very much 5 star however at the time we walked through not all of the landscaping was complete. The surrounding roads, helicopter landing area etc are still dirt tracks.

All in all it seems to have potential although how they get on with offering 5 star exclusivity on an island that already has a large resort Im not sure. From what I understand you are able to from a legal perspective walk on any beach below the high tide mark in fiji however Tadrai certainly arent keen on this happening.

If you check google maps its a bit disappointing the mess they made of the beach and carol during construction phase.

Im sure it will be great when its finished.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tadrai

lol that sounds like an ad !

auckland
Level Contributor
376 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tadrai

ha. I must admit I was disappointed with the place. I cant work out why on earth they built a so called 5 star resort where they have, but there you go, each to their own.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tadrai

Just looked on google maps, there's no silt control in Fiji. Shame!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tadrai

At $2400 a night it'd want to be exceptional, as it's up there with the well respected higher end resorts in Fiji.

One thing I'll be interested to see, is how the manager goes given heavy crticism by TA reviewers of him at his previous place of employment.

Hopefully he's more suited to the higher end clientele, because those paying top dollar tend to be absolutely brutal in reviews if things aren't near perfect.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tadrai

Might be a silly question but how can Tadrai be named Tadrai Island Resort when it is part of Mana Island.? Sounds like a repeat of Denarau Island which is not an island.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tadrai

I didn't realise that.. both the Resort AND Operations Manager are ex Sonaisali managers.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tadrai

Seems a bit expensive to me. Even though I love Mana Island if I was going to go to an adults only resort in Fiji, I would choose Matangi or Likuliku.

Nola ;)

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tadrai

Why the surprise Mitch? The joint is owned by Sonaisali Resort

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tadrai

And there's also 2 backpackers resorts/hostels on the island. Ratu Kini and Mana Lagoon, in addition to Mana Island Resort.

IMO if I was paying that amount I'd want an resort with exclusive island use.

Wonder if the owners will try to get any negative posts removed on this thread?

Be interesting

Edited: 3:59 am, November 22, 2011
auckland
Level Contributor
376 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tadrai

Agree. It's the wrong place for a 5 star resort with a 3 star beach! After looking at the google maps picture of what they did to the beach I wouldn't stay there on principal!