We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffet vs a la carte?

Palmerston North
7 posts
Save Topic
Buffet vs a la carte?

Hi - what is the best option for us as a group (8 adults, 1 child). Have just been told that children dine free on the buffet menu but not sure whether that is the best option. Also where on their website do I find the buffet menu/s? Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffet vs a la carte?

Yes kids eat free at the buffet. They have a separate kids section which only has three choices. My son, who is 3, ate mostly what we ate on the adult buffet.

They have different themes each night for the buffet; Lovo, Mongolian, India and Oriental.

We ate at both the buffet and a la carte on our recent trip to Mana. The a la carte menu is very limited, so you wouldn't want to be eating it every night. We made the decision eat morning, because you have to book for a la carte based on what the buffet was going to be for that night.

auckland
Level Contributor
376 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffet vs a la carte?

ditto to beerwalk. Your child will be fine at the buffett.

If you are very big eaters go for the meal plan otherwise I recommend alternating between the buffet and the a la carte. The a la carte menu is under the drinks list on the website.

For variety there are a number of backpackers you can eat at. cheap but not bad food

3. Re: Buffet vs a la carte?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:32 am, October 12, 2009