We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take your own alcohol?

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Take your own alcohol?

Hi

Just another question...

I have read in alot of the reviews that it is best to take your own beer/wine etc. and to buy it duty free when you arrive in Fiji. Just wondering if you're allowed to take your own alcohol to dinner or if you have to drink in your room...?

Thanks! :)

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Take your own alcohol?

Hi

No you can't take it to dinner or any other public area. Pre or post dinner drinks in your bure

Surrey
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Take your own alcohol?

actually you can take your own alcohol into daikoku ( lovely Japanese restaurant in nadi ) and also into a fijian restaurant down the road from daikoku called nadina...both lovely restaurants you must try out!!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
174 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Take your own alcohol?

My friend has just returned from her honeymoon at one of the Westin resorts (can't remember which one exactly) and she said that they'd take their own bottle of wine and a couple of glasses to the pool with them and no one said anything.

Lake MacQuarie
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Take your own alcohol?

I think that it would be very bad manners to stay at a resort and take you own wine, beer etc to dinner, unless it is b.y.o, as it is at a lot of restaurants in Nadi,yes take you own wine or spirits to the resorts but have them as predinner drinks or a night cap back at your room, as i have had many with HOOKED ON FIJI

cheers Janine

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Take your own alcohol?

We were at Mana Island two weeks ago and we only had alcohol in our room not in anyother part of the resort. Prices of beer and spirits are not bad. Wine is very expensive thought. They have a happy hour everyday from 5 to 6 at all the bars that we use to go to before diner. The also have certain cocktails availabe at happy hour.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,847 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Take your own alcohol?

Why are so many Australians obsessed with alcohol on holiday?

I see posts like this every week!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
174 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Take your own alcohol?

Because it's a national past time and we like to take a little bit of home with us everywhere we go! ;)

auckland
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Take your own alcohol?

us kiwis fell exactly the same!!

you can take as much wine a you like to mana. and yes you can take it to dinner in the a la carte restaurant. we always offer to pay $10 dollars corkage which they are more than happy with

it is always good to buy a bottle as well/

the canadians wouldnt understand two bottles at dinner but you would be just warming up:)

wellington
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Take your own alcohol?

Kiwi's love it too, We are off to fiji on monday and im taking 6 bottles of wine with me, mmm cheers

10. Re: Take your own alcohol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 04, 2009