We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malolo Lailai Island Resort Beach Club - RCI - Nov 2006

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Malolo Lailai Island Resort Beach Club - RCI - Nov 2006

We returned last night from Fiji after our 3rd trip there in 2 years. If you are going to Malolo Lailai Island you are in for a real treat. It is the most beautiful place. We stayed at the RCI owned - Malolo Lailai Island Resort Beach Club through our 'points' ownership with RCI (Resort Condominium International) and had the best time. The 'timeshare' absolute beachfront bures at the island are on the left as you enter the Musket Cove Marina and views from the verandahs overlook the small Island Beach Bar where the yachties come in and the beautiful huge lagoon. The island itself supports the RCI owned units as well as Musket Cove Resort and Plantation Island Resort and being an RCI owner you are also welcome to use all the Musket and Plantation facilities. For us it was a dream come true. Everything you can picture about a beachfront bure, white sandy beaches, perfect blue sky and clear, clear water with swaying palm trees - it was all there - just like off a TV Travel program. GO if you can - you with thank yourself for this wonderful holiday.

Salt Lake City
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Malolo Lailai Island Resort Beach Club - RCI - Nov 2006

Hi Sharon and Rob,

We currently have a trip planned in March at the same 'timeshare' you recently stayed at. I haven't been able to find any info. about this particular resort until now. Please let me know of anything else to help settle my worries. I have heard people talk about bad smells coming from the lagoon and the rooms not having a/c, etc. It sounds like you didn't have any of those kinds of problems though.

Is it easy to Island hop?

Are their plenty of restaurants available?

Are their plenty of activities to choose from?

Finally, are the facilities (rooms) nice?

Do we need to travel with all of the money that we think we will need to spend, or are their atm's/credit card machines, etc?

I look forward to your response. Please let me know of anything else that you liked or disliked.

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malolo Lailai Island Resort Beach Club - RCI - Nov 2006

Bula deedlehoops,

Malololailai is a great island to visit because of all of the options. There are four great restaurants and about 6 bars on the island, and there are lots of activities to do including free kayaking and windsurfing, plus golf, island hopping, game fishing and scuba diving. The best part about staying on the island is that you have a lot of choice (which you may not get on other islands), plus this island has the best beach. On the downside, the "time share" part of the island can be tidal, and this may cause a little smell in the summer time as there tends to be more seaweed at this time of the year. Not all accommodation on the island is air-conditioned, so if this is an issue for you then I would recommend you look into it further. It can get very hot and humid on the island from Nov - March.

CHicago, IL
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Malolo Lailai Island Resort Beach Club - RCI - Nov 2006

I am looking into places to go on my honeymoon and I saw your post. One of our options is the Malolo LaiLai Island resort beach club thru RCI. Can you give me any insight into how the accomdations were (updated, clean, etc..)? Also curious about the quality of the food. My fiance and I like to enjoy nice meals :) Your thoughts / comments are appreciated! Thanks!

4. Re: Malolo Lailai Island Resort Beach Club - RCI - Nov 2006

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, September 02, 2009