We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lomani or Musket Cove?

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Lomani or Musket Cove?

Hi there

I'm struggling to decide between Lomani and Musket Cove. They are both 4 star resorts so does anybody know what makes one better than the other? I noticed that most posts on the forum are regarding either Musket or Plantation. I am however leaning towards Lomani because they have breakfast included in their rates and offer plenty of complimentary activities.

Cheers

Mallika

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lomani or Musket Cove?

Sure you'll enjoy either Musket or Lomani.

Lomani is adults only and smaller, the beach is the same at low tide in my opinion, the deeper part of the lagoon is in front of family resort Plantation. However there plenty of other lovely beaches on Malolo Lailai island if you take the time to go for a walk.

MC does have adults only accommodation in the beach front bures. Lomani is quieter and has a beautiful large pool, and I love Flametree restaurant. Really I wouldn't bother with a meal package, it's good to try the other restaurants on the island, eg Ananda's near the airfield, Dick at MC, and the Coffee Cove for light meals at MC marina. Personally I never bother going to Plantation resort for meals, not the best IMO.

Enjoy your planning.

12. Re: Lomani or Musket Cove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 23, 2014